Picked up the Endeavor

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hulions

Reaction score
I picked up my Endeavor yesterday. (Sorry no pics) I have no clue how to post pictures. When I got it home the first thing I did was clean out the barrel and wipe everything down with some Sheath. It took forever to get the barrel clean. Then I mounted a Simmons Aetec scope on a set of Leuopold rings. What do you guys think about the Aetec scope. I have two of them and so far thay have been fine. Does anyone have any input on this scope. I am taking it to the range Saturday. I'll post a report when I get back. I am going to try 250gr shockwaves and a Harvester short black sabot and the 200 gr. shockwaves with the blue sabots. I hope one or both of these will work. Oh yea, I will also be shooting BH209 and W209 primers. What do you guys think?

Hulions

Posting pictures... I are not an expert either... but I would like to see a pic....

So if you would like to post letme see if I can help... assuming you have digital pictures on your computer...

1. Log on to www.photobucket.com
2. Register yourself with a log-on name and password by pressing "Join Now"....
3. Upload your picture to photobucket.... when it gets down go to the bottom of the page and request it to save...
4. When it saves then it should go back to a screen that shows a thumbnail of the picture and under the picture there will be several options.
5. Click on the line under the picture that says "IMG Code" - it will then resent you with a yellow tag that says "copied"
6. Paste that copied code into you message here on MM...

The code should look some thing like this...
{IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/sabotloader/SabotDia.jpg[/IMG}

NOTE: so the picture will not show up and you can see the code I have changed the FIRST and LAST Bracket [ to a { so the pic will not show - in your code the brackets will show up a [ & ]

If all works then you should get your pic posted as this one will now:

SabotDia.jpg

Try it and if all doesn't go well I'll try to get on and help...

mike

Thanks sabotloader. I will try to take some pictures tonight and get them posted tomorrow. I have been wanting to learn how so I guess now is a good time. I might wait untill I get back from the range on Saturday and give a full report with pictures. Any thoughts on a load and the Aetec will be appreciated.

Hulions

IF and only IF - the barrel comes as tight as think it might - you might have a real difficult time getting the Harvester short black or the MMP Blue sabot with a bullet down your barrel.

Do you have any of the EZ load sabots that you could take with you such as the crush rib or HPH-3p-EZ load?? If you look at the picture I put in the example you can see what Busta and 6x6 measured.... and I am thinking your bore might be .499/500.

Your gonna love the BH - makes life so simple when shooting a ML's - just to expensive for me right now.

Hope it shoots great for ya...

I have some of the red harvester crushed rib sabots but they look to be larger than the short blacks. I guess I will need to order some Black crushed rib if the short blacks don't work.

Hulions

Hey! I would trade you some Black Crush Ribs for your Red Crush Ribs if you want to... I want to try them in my White...

Back to the subject - have you treid to load the short black & bullet in the Endevor yet? Just pull the BP and try to push them through right there in the house... if the short blacks go that will tell you a lot right there. If it does not go you can always push it back out with a small wood dowel.

I was going to try that tonight. I got rid of all of my superglide sabots. Hope that wasn't a mistake. Oh well, I guess I can just get some crushed ribs. I think I will hold on to my red ones for now though. Thanks

Hulions

Any thoughts on a load and the Aetec will be appreciated.

The "Aetec" - I personally have not used one but I think I do remember hearing good reports about them. Not all Simmons are junk contrary to popular belief - just a sec I have a flyer with a big splurge about the Aetec in the reading box I think.... According to what I am reading they seem to be right in there with any mid priced scope. I guess time will tell... Big 6X6 has touched just about every scope out there I think - he might be able to shed more light....

Load... again that is something you will have to try... I used 100 grains of T7 for years in my inlines including the Omega.... I feel it is a great base and hunting load. Recently, I have moved up to 110 in everything but the Knight and I am shooting 120 in it. From my little bit of experimentation BH and T7 are pretty much equal in power - so if you shoot 100 T7 shoot a 100 BH.... Where BH really shines is with heavier bullets since it is a progressive burning powder.

FYI, I put a Simmons Aetec 44X2-10 on my Remington 700 .30-06 about eight years ago and so far its a very good scope. I'm still making one hole groups at 100 yds too also. 8)

Aetec

I have had an AETEC since they first came out. Love it, I had it mounted for aq few years on a mule kickin 30-06 pump carbine and now have it on my 7mm Mag BPR.. Good scope for the money.

Hulions,

Went to the range on thursday for the second time with the endeavor. I still shot everything with 120g bh209, and cci209m. still no hangfires. I only shot sst 250g, but i tried a few more sabots. I tried the harvester short black again, shot a few really good groups with it at 100yds, between that and the supplied black sabot with sst, those were the best shooting of the day. I also shot some black crushed rib, those loaded a little easier than the first two , and they shot okay, not great. I also tried the red low drag that comes with the new ssts, you could just about drop them on top of the powder, they loaded way to easy, but they didnt shoot bad at all i was surprised, i would be afraid to hunt with them, i would think with some jarring those just might move off the powder

Hulions,

Please post a picture of your T/C Endeavor. Some of the stocks I have seen look nothing like the way Realtree AP is supposed to look.

Chocdog

Latest posts

Back