Playing with the Sig Sauer

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cayuga

In Remembrance
Reaction score
DSCN4003-001.jpg

I had to go to the big city today and when I got home I used the late hour as an excuse not to go to work. Any excuse is a good one right? Well I got out the Sig Sauer and an new brick of Winchester 555 .22 caliber hollow points.

I started out shooting the spinner targets at 35 yards and that was kind of easy. I then did a little walk and shoot exercise, walking towards the spinners. And it was a little harder but did make me realize the fire power this little rifle has with a 25 round magazine.

Finally I found a scrap piece of laminate flooring. It measured 8x11-1/2 in size. I shot a hole at the top of the board so I could hang it. Then hung it at 100 yards. I should have put an aiming point but did not. Instead I tried to use the mil-dots to set the center of the board. The rifle as kind of known shoots a little low at that distance, but for a windy day... I was very pleased with the rifle.

Next time out, I will do this same test but put an aiming point on the board to see just how well this can group at 100 yards. But in honesty.. I would never think of shooting at that distance as something. But then, you never know.

I saw that drum.. but figured two 25 round magazines was plenty of firepower, less weight, and was not so hard on the magazine ejector spring.

Back