Possibles Bag for Hunting?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HokieHunter

Reaction score
I've explored lots of options for a hunting possibles bag -- everything from fanny packs to waterproof boat bags. For inline rifles, I've not yet found an ideal option. I bought a small belt pack from Bass Pro recently, thinking I had solved the problem, but it wasn't large enough to hold everything.

What do you guys use?

I bought a fanny pack in the camo pattern I wear. It has elastic rubber bullet holder sewn in which hold my brass with the powder charges. It also holds a box of spare primers and I use old cigar tubes to hold a supply of bullets. Also carry a bullet starter. Only things I need while hunting. Back in the truck I've got a tackle box with everything I need if I have to do some maintence on the rifle.

Yeah...I have a pretty good sized fanny pack. I started doing that a LONG time ago because of using a climbing treestand. That way you can take both... When I go out west hunting where I KNOW I won't have to climb a tree a usually use a backpack because I have to take more stuff!

I've got a possibles bag. I think it was made for muzzleloading. It's camo and all I carry in it is just the essentials. I keep disassembly tools in my vehicle.

I bought one of the Avery Guides bags to try out for a possibles bag for the longer hunts. I dont like the hook and loop fastener they use,to noisy Think I'll try and put one of the magnetic fasteners on it. Looks like it will hold plenty of ammo, binos,water ,some food. Other than that I,ll use a fanny pack.

Don

Patrick White said:
I've got a possibles bag. I think it was made for muzzleloading. It's camo and all I carry in it is just the essentials. I keep disassembly tools in my vehicle.

I do the same.

I eventually got my possibles bag down to powder, projectile and nipple wrench when I shot a sidelock.

Now I'm down to powder and projectile and I carry a capper on a yoyo string around my neck. I'm using Power Belt bullets for my Savage so I don't need a short starter.

So around iowa I don't carry a possibles bag anymore; I have a hunting jacket with 6 pockets. One has premeasured powder charges (I carry them in transport tubes, available from medical supply houses), one has power belt bullets. The capper is around my neck, still on the yoyo string.

When I went to Colorado with my 10ML I used a small fanny pack with three compartments. Powder charges, bullets, and the big, middle compartment with some disposable alcohol swabs and stuff that has no business in a possibles bag: a lighter, some dental floss, a space blanket and a granola bar.

That's just the way I do it.

I have two tear drop day packs made of fleece. One is camoflage that is for bow season and other hunting where I don't have to wear orange. The other is an orange bag that I use for the firearms season for deer.

I've always used a little small fanny pack to carry my muzzleloading supplies in. 2 pine loading blocks (about the size of a bar of soap) which included powder and lubed, patched round balls. Inline #11 capper, nipple wrench, short starter, a little priming horn with 4fG powder. That's about it I think. I would tuck this in a bigger fanny pack which includes knives, drag rope, general hunting stuff. I hunt close to home and don't really need to carry alot of gear.

With the Savage and sabots, I will use the powder vials you guys talk about and was thinking of maybe a length of 20 ga. elastic shell holder to stuff 4 shots worth of powder vials and bullets into.

I carry and use a back pack most of the year.What ever season it is is what's in the pack.I store hunting and fishing supplies and tools in plastic stackable containers.When out of season I stack them in my personal locked closet.

A fanny pack works best for me. It's nice when walking or still hunting. It does not interfere with your shooting. If you need something I just rotate to the front and I can see all the contents.

Latest posts

Back