"Praise the Lord, I Don't Use High Beam Lights In Town"

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
"Praise the Lord, I Don't Use High Beam Lights In Town"

Was assigned to the US Army 864th EOD unit at Ft.  Bragg, NC.  Early one night in the summer of 1960 we got a call from the Fayetteville police regarding a homemade bomb in a citizens car.  We responded to the incident.   The owner of the beautiful 1939 Chevy four door sedan was an elderly preacher.  He had felt a lump in the back of the seat while driving in town.  The preacher investigated, saw dynamite and called the police. 

The bomber had cut a hole in the back of the front seat and installed 11 sticks of ditching dynamite and a US Army Corps of Engineers blasting cap. 

My partner or i cut the blasting cap leads and traced the wiring to the dimmer switch.  When told that had he hit his high beam lights the bomb would have exploded, the preacher had this to say:  "Praise the Lord I don't use  high beam lights in town". 

Turns out the preacher had an enemy in the form of a US Army Special Forces NCO who planted the bomb.

Re: "Praise the Lord, I Don't Use High Beam Lights In Town"

Praise the Lord with the job you had, you're still with us........one of the bravest of all jobs!

Re: "Praise the Lord, I Don't Use High Beam Lights In Town"

Holy crap! 

What is wrong with people? 

And, this is your old job? Jeez!

Latest posts

Back