Prices in 1995

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True in part but I don't think too many of them ever sold for Suggested Retail Price. :|

White was great to deal with back then! Remember when I first bought mine. I asked the sales rep forget who he was and he asked me why I was looking for dealers who sold White Rifles?. Told him, generally, you can get the rifle less than list price. He asked if I was a vet and a member of the NRA. Told him yes I was and he dropped the price by $100. Then he asked me what kind of sights I wanted Fiber Optic or Lyman 57 Peep sight. Told him I'll take it with the Lyman sight. Sure enough a week later I had the rifle in my hand's Peep sight and all. He even provided me information as to what powder, charge, and caps to use. He felt RWS caps were like shooting large rifle primers and were the best out there. If I couldn't get them then he would use CCI Magnums. Yep, they were a great company to deal with back then.

edmehlig said:
White was great to deal with back then! Remember when I first bought mine. I asked the sales rep forget who he was why I was asking who their dealers were. Told him, generally, you can get the rifle less than list price. He asked if I was a vet and a member of the NRA. Told him yes I was and he dropped the price by $100. Then he asked me what kind of sights I wanted Fiber Optic or Lyman 57 Peep sight. Told him I'll take it with the Lyman sight. Sure enough a week later I had the rifle in my hand's Peep sight and all.
Hard to beat service like that . To bad customer service seems to be the one area most companies are lacking in nowadays.
I think I paid $699 for my first new super 91. Guess I didn’t shop around enough .

I think I paid 650 and 50 for shipping on that brand new s91I traded to you for the 410 here awhile back.

Back