Question

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Just a question : what MHC barrel mean?.Might look like a silly question but I have no idea.
Taureau noir :oops:

Knight's (M)aster (H)unter (C)ryogenic

I am told that an MHC barrel will have MHC stamped in front of the serial number.

Taken directly from the Knight 2003 catalog;

"The Knight Master Hunter DISC Extreme has always been recognized as the ultimate muzzleloader. It just got better! The Master Hunter is the only muzzleloader to boast a Cryogenically Accurized barrel. The freezing/heating process properly aligns the molecules in metal, which in turn, relieves stress and results in a more accurate, longer lasting and easier-to-clean muzzleloader. Yes the best just got better!"

Reese said:
Knight's (M)aster (H)unter (C)ryogenic

I am told that an MHC barrel will have MHC stamped in front of the serial number.

Taken directly from the Knight 2003 catalog;

"The Knight Master Hunter DISC Extreme has always been recognized as the ultimate muzzleloader. It just got better! The Master Hunter is the only muzzleloader to boast a Cryogenically Accurized barrel. The freezing/heating process properly aligns the molecules in metal, which in turn, relieves stress and results in a more accurate, longer lasting and easier-to-clean muzzleloader. Yes the best just got better!"

They do that with Saxophones now.
All the heating and extruding of the brass disrupts the alignment of the molecules and the cryo treatment re aligns them.
I must say the the cryo horns do play better than non.

Lots of opinions on Cryogenic stress relief. Here is just one from Lilja.

http://www.riflebarrels.com/faq_lilja_rifle_barrels.htm#deepcryogenic

Other companies use heat for stress relief.

Latest posts

Back