Reloading .35 Remington?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tooldog

Reaction score
Anyone reloading .35 Remington? I was thinking of a 200 Sierra RN with H335, but haven't really decided. Any suggestions on a starting load would be appreciated.

Thanks,

tooldog

I've do have an old contender barrel in .35 Rem (at least I think so, I haven't seen it in a while), but this is for my wife's Marlin 336. She will be shooting deer from a ground blind. I think last year I measured and the farthest possible shot through the woods was about 110 yards.

tooldog

My marlin really likes the 200 grn remingtons and 33.5gr RL7 make it a hard hitting tack driver.

Have you ever chrono'd that load , was it over 2000?

thanks,
tooldog

No I haven't. Some reloader sites show this load running about 2150fps.
It is a higher than factory pressure load so work up to it, some people load it hotter, but I load for accuracy instead of velocity. Its a very pleasant load to shoot, doesn't beat you to death.

Thanks for the info. I don't have any Reloder 7 handy, but I think my neighbor might. I try some and see what I can work up.

tooldog

If you still have that TC barrel, and are not going to be using it would you be willing to sell it? I would like to get something that I can reload a bit cheaper than my .44 mag just for plinking. I can buy factory loads for my .44 for about 1/2 what I end out with in my reloads, but factory loads are way too mild. My barrel likes the HOT loads. I assume that most TC barrels do since every load using jacketed bullets in their Contender/Encore reloading manual has starting loads hotter than any other reloading manual I have seen uses for MAX loads.

I will look through the basement and see if I can locate the barrel. I haven't shot it in a couple of years, it's possible I may have loaned it out. I'll keep you posted...

tooldog

Hey HighTechRedneck,

My brother has my .35 Remington Contender barrel. He is apparently liking it too much to give it up. I think I need to remind him again that it's actually mine. Sorry, it looks like it won't be for sale anytime soon.

tooldog

Thats fine. I was just curious. If you were no longer using it I could. It's not that I need another barrel. Just wanted to try another one that I could reload for without forking out quite so much $$

Hi tooldog what do you have for powder on hand.I own a 336 marlin 35 cal,24"barrel.I like the 200 grain rem core lokts for bullets vry accuarate.Powder wise try 37.5 grains of i.m.r 3031.Or 39. grains of 748 winchester powder.They all shot good and nock deer flat [D.R.T.] These are max loads by winchester and Hornaday so start couple grain less and work up to the max.donnyb60.

Reloads for 35 rem/ marlin 336 rifle.

Im with the loads menchend by donnyb60.Stick with the rem corelokts .The hornadays are a little to hard and dont open up like the rems do .Hope this helps. Chester 35

Back