Remington Genesis & 200 gr XTP

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cayuga

In Remembrance
Reaction score
Well the thermometer said it was eight above and that was good enough for me. I took some blue MMP .40/.50 sabots out and some .40 cal 200 gr XTPs to try in the Genesis. I decided that I would shoot Pyrodex RS at 100 grains.

So I dug the target stand out and backed it up to 50 yards according to my range finder. I shot for the big center bull first and the first shot on a clean barrel was a little off. Not too bad. The next three were good. It was nice and sunny and that target showed up perfect today. I was swabbing between shots, but it was a little ruff on the bare hands. I was swabbing with pure isopropyl alcohol and one dry patch after. Also I was using Winchester W209 primers.

The lower left bulls eye I kicked the powder charge up to 110 grains and shot three. I think I found the amount for this powder and projectile. That group for a 1x32mm scope was extremely good for my standards.

To prove the powder charge I shot at the right bull and again it was grouping them fine. So to prove I could do it, I aimed about two inches under the bull and it hit about two inches high like all the other shots.

By now the dog was frozen to the ground, and I was not much better. My fingers were hurting and so I decided to call it a day. Supposed to be warmer tomorrow. All the way up to 22 degrees.. almost balmy.

Genesis-2.jpg

Great shooting! You're a hardy soul to get out there and target shoot in those temps.

Do you recall where you found the 200gr .40 XTPs?

I bought them in bulk from Midsouth Shooters Supply and the blue MMP sabots I got right from the factory...

Latest posts

Back