Remington

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not real high hopes, the same dude is running RemArms that ran Remington into the ground before.

That Sandy Hook lawsuit might have been a factor. The last I heard about it was that Remington offered a multimillion dollar settlement.

I don't believe that D'arcy ran the company into the ground. It was the investment company that did so. There is a story on the web about the shenanigans that they pulled.

Not real high hopes, the same dude is running RemArms that ran Remington into the ground before.

It is a shame, but; I am used to life without Remington. What do I even want from them today. Bolt Rifle? Not with CZ, Ruger, imported Winchesters. Even Savage. Ar's forget it - more choices than I can list. A 1911? Give me a break. Shotgun? Well, maybe, those were nice back in the day. My most recent is a double from CZ. Maybe the Italians own the semi space now? Bottom line, Remington no longer matters.

I hope Ruger does right by the Marlin brand. I dont quite see Henry, Uberti or Winchester fully meeting all my desires in the lever space. The last two own the nostalgia space but; Marlin could still be a top choice if-only given a chance.

Last edited:
I currently have 7 Remingtons in my safe and through the past years have owned shot and sold 4 others. All are/were great quality and very accurate. I’m happy to hear they’re back and expanding.

They sure used to be a great guns and a great company. My main deer rifle is an early Model 7 in mm08. Great finish, nice wood and accurate rifle. The latest Model 7s I saw had an option of plastic stock or plywood and a matt finish with a longer barrel. And that was still the best rifle they had to offer. I have had many 700 from back in the day and they all shot great. Also a semi auto 30-06. But today, I only have the one rifle. I also got a 870 pump about 10+ years ago and it was worse piece of junk shotgun. I tradded it away within a week. I got a H&R Remington, the gun busted on the first shot. I sent that back and sold it as soon as I got it repaired. More junk. Actually, I got two, a 12 and a 20 slug gun. I still have the 20ga - so that one was made right. Pure luck of the draw! Being once great, does not count. The company hit rock bottom and any void they left has been filled.

I will be glad, when/if they offer at the least, one QUALITY product than has more going for it than a name that no longer means anything. Back? Expanding! Forget expanding, lets see just one gun worth a 2nd look. I grew up with Remingtons, my Dad's shotgun was a Remington. This is heart breaking.

Latest posts

Back