... Saturdays results.......

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawgslayer1

Reaction score
:D  :)
Went to the range Sat and it was a great day :!:No wind, partly sunny and high in the mid 40's :!:I got there early because I knew it was going to get crowded. Spoke to a few shooters and they were telling me that last Sat, 2 weeks ago, (44 mph wind gusts) they were shooting on bench 25 and hitting the target on 26. Not this Sat. :cheers:
I wanted to do some powder charge  tests ( 90 and 100 gr ) with a few different bullets but things didn't work out. You see, I was so gassed after I got weather report that I forget the 90 grain charges on the kitchen table along with my lunch. :cry: All I had with me were the usual 100 grain charges of JSG. So here are a few pics. The pink targets were from a few weeks back. I like CONSISTENCY :!:CONSISTENCY :!:and did I say CONSISTENCY :?:Thats why I weigh and measure.

Sorry, those Barnes are the SPIT FIRE TEZ 491's. The rest are all Powderbelt AEROTIPS,H/P's and AEROLITES. I still am going to try and do what I wanted to with the powder charges and I'm sure it will happen down the road.

Simply awesome shooting Hawg! I really need to find some of those kleanbores to try out with APP. Just so dern hard to find here!

They really seem to offer you some excellent accuracy.

Damn Hawg, you seem to do well with a variety of bullets. Nice groups! That Barnes group looks top notch. I assume those were the Expander MZ's?

8)

FG,
Natchez shooting supplies has the Remington Kleanbore Primers in the their 2010 master catalog, page 180, item #C10RM23990. Thats the 100 pack for $7.38 :!: :!:
1-800-251-7839

Colorado,
for the time being I shoot 50 yards. Later on I'll move to 75 and onto 100 yards. ( the buck I got last year was about 20 yards from me). ;) :cheers:

Snowsolo,
Those bullets are.....BARNES Expander Spit-Fire T-EZ. 290 GRAIN .451"
:bounce: :bounce:

Great range report hawg :!:

Looks like that Redfield Scope you just mounted is keeping-up with your shooting skills and clicking them right in there for you. ;)

Marty,

So far I don't have complaints with the Redfield. I only had to tighten the screws once since I mounted it. At this point in time I would recomend the scope. I paid 159.00. Besides that its made by Leuplod.

Hawg, clean the screws and screw holes with rubbing alcohol and use the blue lock tight and you never have to worry about the scope loosening up ever again.

;)

Thanks sqezer :!: :!:
If they loosen up again I will pick up some blue lock tight. 8)

Latest posts

Back