Scope bases for Savage MLII?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

POP

Reaction score
Hi! I just bought one of these and want to put a set of detach weaver bases and rings. Anything I sould be aware of prior to purchasing these bases rings?

Warne steel quick-detach rings and bases are the favored among the guys on the board. :wink:

I just put on a set of Burris Dual Dovetail bases with Signature rings with inserts for a buddy.

This was my first with the Burris:

The rings are concave inside and the inserts that come with them fit really well. The inserts are some kind of Delrin (guessing) that allow the use of dual dovetails without having to be so perfectly aligned.

The Pos Align inserts are optional (about 8 bucks) and allow for adjustment of mounting position. The way they work you can boresight and adjust as you mount scope.

This way you can stay close to optical center of scope as you mount. Just center adjustments on scope first then start mounting process.

They will not deform scope tube like some DD's out there. Will get really tight. And are extremely strong.

Think I will try a set on my new Savage 16fss 7 wsm, also.

Savage Shooter said:
I just put on a set of Burris Dual Dovetail bases with Signature rings with inserts for a buddy.

The rings are concave inside and the inserts that come with them fit really well. The inserts are some kind of Delrin (guessing) that allow the use of dual dovetails without having to be so perfectly aligned.

The Pos Align inserts are optional (about 8 bucks) and allow for adjustment of mounting position. The way they work you can boresight and adjust as you mount scope.

This way you can stay close to optical center of scope as you mount. Just center adjustments on scope first then start mounting process.

They will not deform scope tube like some DD's out there. Will get really tight. And are extremely strong.

I have a set of the Burris on a Tikka 270 and I do like them. I have to say though that a Warne ring has never put a mark on any of my scopes. :wink:

dwhunter said:
Savage Shooter said:

I have a set of the Burris on a Tikka 270 and I do like them. I have to say though that a Warne ring has never put a mark on any of my scopes. :wink:

I was more referring to the Leupy Dual Dovetails (which are not availabel for the Savage anyway).

Incorrectly aligned and lapped will crush a tube>

Could somebody post the Leupold and Warne quick release base item numbers that fit a Savage 10 MLII? My local dealer can order, but can't seem to figure out which ones would fit.
Thanks,
Jeff

Weaver Grand Slam (same as Warne but cheaper) S46 front and and rear. If you want a little more rear movement for scope adjustment get a S402 extension base for the front and S46 for the back. Sorry I don't use Leupys so I don't know those part numbers. :D

coop said:
Could somebody post the Leupold and Warne quick release base item numbers that fit a Savage 10 MLII? My local dealer can order, but can't seem to figure out which ones would fit.
Thanks,
Jeff

Leupold bases:
QRW - 110 (2 pieces)Gloss:
part #49833

QR - 110 (2 pieces)Gloss:
part #52314

Leupold rings:
QRW 1" - Medium Gloss:
part #49855
Matte:
part #49856

QR 1" - Medium Gloss
part #49973
Matte:
part #49974

make sure that the screw for the base the one right behind the rear sight is not to long because the savage is not tapped very deep and even though you think that the screw is tight it won't be.

Re Burris Signature Rings: Make sure you screw the scope in real tight. On a hard kicking relatively light gun, the scope may move. On my light ML II, I'm still not sure that they won't move even when tightened to the max. Somewhere, I have read about someone else who has also had this problem.
I would be interested to hear if anyone has a fix for this other than making things as tight as possible.

Latest posts

Back