Shes already learning!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
Shes already learning!

img_8910.jpg

She's almost 10 weeks old now, but Chloe is getting used to the smoke of my rifles! She'll try sitting in your lap while you shoot believe it or not. I don't do that though, it's hard on a dogs ears and shes hard headed as it is with listening to you.

After she goes outside however, she sure in heck knows where the treats are and sits right next to the shelf waiting!

She's a pure bred pitbull. My other dog in the background, the blackish grey is a pitbull/black lab mix. They get along great, she grabs him by the collar and tries to drag him around the house. Funny as heck to watch them play!

I am just watching her for a week for my nephew. I am potty  training her and tomorrow I'll start putting her in a dog crate at night so she can be contained while my nephew is out of the house or a short trip. I didn't do that with my dog and paid in the price in a lot of torn up things lol.

Re: Shes already learning!

OMG

THAT IS A CUTE PUPPY.

I may need to date you...(Kisses) :face: The dog, you putz. The dog. 
Seriously... get your act together, FG.

Why a pit bull breed?

I love pitbulls. My nephew has always wanted one and finally found one at a good price locally and picked her up. Great personality on her, she loves everyone.

Pit bulls DO love everyone. One of the best dogs I ever knew was a pit bull. 

That said, they bear the burden of human BS. You would not need to pay for a pit bull rescue pup. 

The pit bull terrier actually straddles many terrier/bulldog/and even mastiff breeds. 
They have a noble pedigree.

Many insurance policies define pit bulls in policy. Why?

I stopped going to my local dog park with my spaniel after a van stopped at the park and three pit bull dogs were released.They were ordered to kill. 15 dogs were killed and/or maimed before the men in the van called them back and escaped totally scot free. Those in the park were too absorbed in keeping their friends alive to record the license plate. There remains an active and illicit dog fighting ring.

My family loves large breeds. Danes, Bernards, Newfs.... I get the 'breed predudice' schtick. 

Check your insurance. Don't lose everything to a cute face.

That said? I have made that choice in the past. Just know.

PS. I know of pit bull/Stratford terrier bred dogs that made great hunting dogs. It is not what they were bred for. But, they want to please so much? They can learn.

I stopped in at the tire shop for a pair of new tires for my fish house.  Someone had a pit bull in the lobby  so I started petting and scratching it.  I was a total stranger but the more I pet and scratched the more she loved it!

I lost my lab last August and would like to get another hunting dog.  I would something different this time. However, my wife isn't ready yet.  She likes the freedom to come and go without worrying about a dog.  I'll keep working on her! :twisted:

She was the easiest dog to crate "train". The first day I did it, she cried for a little bit, then laid down. Last night I got home from being out of state and when it was bed time, I opened the door, called her over and said lets go night night. She walked right in, did a circle and laid down in it with zero fits!
img_9010.jpg

Good going, Jon. Good looking pup.

She's a red nose. They usually have a bit more attitude.

I bet she likes where you live too.  Gets to run around off leash, lots of good smells.

oh she loves it. She goes outside a lot with me, runs around like crazy and then to top it off so I can get some peace and quiet, I go for an atv ride and let her and my dog bubba chase me up the road.

Latest posts

Back