Shockwave Shooting Good BUT GOT ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkey

Reaction score
The shockwave 250 black sabot shooting bullet hole to bullet hole in my gun...the barnes 250 tmz was slinging every where. How can I get the barnes to shoot and group good in my gun...I have the week off so it would be nice if I could get some information real real quick or if you have extra sabots that will work send them to many...I will send you pm with my address. I hear to many bad reviews on TC shockwave performance with expansion but never find any bad reviews on barnes...dont think the barnes are bad I just dont think my BH 209 and genesis likes the ez load sabot...

MMP-12 sabot maybe. My omega wouldnt shoot the 250gr expanders worth a heck until i used the mmp-12 sabot and then they would do 1" @ 100 yards.

Give night a call and see if you can order some of the yellow sabots for the spitfire/tmz boattail bullets. Regular sabots won't work unless you have the flat based tmzs.

You're pretty much stuck with the supplied sabot with the BarnesTMZ since the bullet is a boat tail none of the other sabots by MMP or Harvester will work. If you still want to shoot an all copper Barnes bullet (which I really like) you'll need to try one of their other choices such as the expander or flat base TM. One of those should shoot acceptably in your rifle with the supplied sabot. And if you'd like you can then experiment with a sabot from MMP or Harvester as they will work with the flat base design of the Barnes Expander or TM. Anyway, keep looking for the Barnes bullet that works in your rifle. You will not be disappointed with the performance of the Barnes on game.

Listen, people shoot deer in the rear end and claim the bullet/broadhead didn't do it's job or is a piece of crap... I'll guarantee the Shockwaves will put the smack down on anything you shoot if the correct shot is made. I have killed several deer and hogs with the bonded 250 and one deer with the regular yellow tip... They all ended up in the frying pan... :wink:

flint head said:
Listen, people shoot deer in the rear end and claim the bullet/broadhead didn't do it's job or is a piece of crap... I'll guarantee the Shockwaves will put the smack down on anything you shoot if the correct shot is made. I have killed several deer and hogs with the bonded 250 and one deer with the regular yellow tip... They all ended up in the frying pan... :wink:

ABSOLUTELY and WELL PUT! I've shot more deer with the 250gr SST/Shockwave than any other bullet. Guess how many I've lost? ZERO! The vast majority FOLD UP! Use it with confidence!

big6x6 said:
flint head said:

ABSOLUTELY and WELL PUT! I've shot more deer with the 250gr SST/Shockwave than any other bullet. Guess how many I've lost? ZERO! The vast majority FOLD UP! Use it with confidence!
I have to agree! Put the SW where it belongs,and you won't have any trouble harvesting your deer. Ron

Right on, the SW and SST will shoot as accurate and I have never had one fail to open or not put down what I shot.
I also agree that it wont make a good shooter out of the person using them he has to aim at the right spot and hit there for the bullet to do its job. Lee

Shoot em and love em. I've never been disappointed by the performance of a ShockWave 250 or 200 on any game that I've taken. Put the ShockWave where it belongs and make sure you have a sharp knife handy!

Where?

I like to put a 250 shockwave behind the shoulder into the ribs.. did that one evening on a nice whitetail doe, and they (six deer) scattered, and ran,, reloaded in the blind, and as I stepped out to go look for blood, here comes the other five deer, so (had several crop damage permits) shot another one.. had two blood trails that crossed back in the swamp, found both deer,, good blood trails, very dead deer, neither ran over fifty yards.. works for me.... Les

Listen, people shoot deer in the rear end and claim the bullet/broadhead didn't do it's job or is a piece of crap... I'll guarantee the Shockwaves will put the smack down on anything you shoot if the correct shot is made.

i've killed a half dozen deer and a couple dozen hogs with the 250 grain SST/Shockwave. The vast majority have been bang flops, including one hog killed at a measured 192 yards. The muzzleloader bullet is not made that will turn a gut shot into a bang flop 100% of the time. Put that bullet in the right place and it will do its job.

Back