Sierra Bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skopia

Reaction score
Anybody ever try the Sierra .4295 250gr FPJ Tournament Master bullets? What is the difference between the Tournament Master pistol bullet and the Sports Master pistol bullet? The 250 gr FPJ has some impressive exterior ballistic numbers.

Yeah, its a full jacket. The BC is only .213, so what's the big deal?

Sports Master? handgun bullets are engineered to provide consistent, reliable expansion over a wide range of velocities. Sierra has added a serrated "Power Jacket" on hollow cavity and hollow point bullets. On impact, the "Power Jacket" expands uniformly along the serration lines for consistent weight retention and maximum energy transfer.

Tournament Master? handgun bullets are built to satisfy the performance demands of serious competitors and recreational marksmen. The accuracy of these bullets, combined with unduplicated penetrating power, make them the bullet of choice for silhouette shooters and big game hunters worldwide.

Well, maybe not real impressive, but .213 is higher then .185, That's what I'm shooting now and I'm getting pretty good accuracy with that. I know the higher BC does not translate into better accuracy, just lookin to play around a little. Didn't know if one of the two bullets were bonded or not. Seems the Tournament Master is recommended for Big Game and the Sports Master is for medium game?

Back