Sighting in my Omega!?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BukWild

Reaction score
Well, I have my m/l sighted in at 25yds,

100_1797.jpg

But then I moved out to 100yds, and I shot about 3.5" high,

100_1798.jpg

Now, I subscribe to the idea of sighting in @ 25yds, then moving out to 100yds and adjusting for windage. But with my m/l, it did not work out as well as normal as the second target indicates.
Now my question is, since I have it on paper, should I sight in @ 100, then move into 50 and 25 to see where I'm hitting.

So, how do you it?

I am shooting 2-Pyrodex 50gr pellets, 300gr Shockwave.
I am relying on some of you smokepole experts to give me your advice! Thanks![/img]

Yes you do, starting at 25 yards just allows you to get it on paper at 100 yards. You will find after you sight in a 100 yards, that your 50 and 25 yard groups will not have the great difference you are seeing now.

Thanks, I will sight in @ 100 now then shoot at 50 & 25 to see how I'm hitting, so I know where my aim point should be.

My friend has his scoped omega sighted in at 3 inches high at 100 yards. He does this so his maximum point of aim is about 160. Which means from 0 to 160 he can aim for the center of the vitals without having to aim high. He carries a range finder. He also knows the drop at distances beyond 160 yds. If you sight your gun it at 100 yds you need to find what you maximum point of aim will be. I have a knight sighted in at 100 yds. and at 150 yds. it drops nine inches. I shoot several 3 shot groups at distances over a hundred yards to determine drop. You may want to write down your results on a piece of paper and tape it to your stock. I carry a range finder and use shooting sticks when possible.

Latest posts

Back