So. Vermont Primitive Biathlon (On The News)

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old No71

Reaction score
I guess with all the Olympic Biathlon coverage last month, the news station over in Vermont had no problems showing firearms being loaded, handled and shot on their news story.

Then again, maybe it's because they didn't have 30-round mags......................

But anyway...

This youtube video clip is from the recent Southern Vermont Primitive Biathlon (click for link) that my twin brother has participated in for the last many years.  He is the shooter in the first 30 seconds or so.  He typically shoots a smoothbore with no rear sight and outshoots many of the rifles, but I'm sure I saw a rear sight on the gun he used in the clip. But hey, at least he hit the swinger!

I didn't get to go to that event this year (bad case of bronchitis which made walking tough, nevermind running on wooden snowshoes), but with a new flintlock in hand, I've already been told "I'll have no excuses" for not going next year...

Just one thing... I don't do "Badger" for headwear like he did this year -- nope. not for me...

You're more likely me to find me like this, from the last time we ran a Primitive Biathlon together:

BN3gDtt.jpg

And that's my late father's original 1864 "Mansfield & Lamb" U.S. Cavalry Sword on my left hip.

Old No7

It has been years since my wife was at a shoot near Manchester, is this the one across the road and down a ways from a place known as "Basketville"?

John

John Neslen said:
It has been years since my wife was at a shoot near Manchester, is this the one across the road and down a ways from a place known as "Basketville"?

John
Not sure, sorry, as I haven't gone to that one yet...  I've only gone to the ones at the Dalton Gang's hideout (and range).

Old No7

Back