• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Someone needs to grab this, good price shipped.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah Ive got 2 Thunderhawks also..actually have 2 Firehawks and 4 Black Diamonds not 5 Firehawks.
I remember very well when TCA came out with the Thunderhawk then the Firehawk .50. I got 1 of each when they came out. But when TC released the Omega it far surpassed them both. I got rid of them both ( nuthin "wrong" with them, they were & still are cheap entry level close range inlines that did ok for what they cost for their applicable & practical uses. I'd still sell or pass up all 3 of the other models for an Omega. I just got an Omega action to get a custom SML conversion in .45 1:18 or .40 1:15.

I wouldnt call them entry level guns just old school technology, they will shoot just as well or most likely better then a Omega just take a little more time to clean.. they were T/C top muzzleloader when they came out.. owned both back when they 1st came out and killed a ton of deer with the Firehawk.. I prefer the way the Firehawks handle over the Omega any day, point better, stocks on the Walnut guns feel way better then a Omega stock in any configuration..kind of a disservice to call them entry level especially for a new guy wanting to get into muzzleloading and looking at one, they are in no way a cheap entry level gun. Your just able to find them cheap due to everyone wanting the newest bestest.

Thank you for taking it!! I kept looking and telling myself no room in the safe and the wife will kill me! Nice guns. I have one and love it.
John

I wouldnt call them entry level guns just old school technology, they will shoot just as well or most likely better then a Omega just take a little more time to clean.. they were T/C top muzzleloader when they came out.. owned both back when they 1st came out and killed a ton of deer with the Firehawk.. I prefer the way the Firehawks handle over the Omega any day, point better, stocks on the Walnut guns feel way better then a Omega stock in any configuration..kind of a disservice to call them entry level especially for a new guy wanting to get into muzzleloading and looking at one, they are in no way a cheap entry level gun. Your just able to find them cheap due to everyone wanting the newest bestest.
Fair enough sir. Perhaps it comes down to personal preference which model fits, points, handles, better over the other. It's an ok inline ml for their price range. Thats been my personal opinion since the beginning as well as almost all of the guys I shot with back in Md. I think all but 1 guy that didnt either sell or closet their Thunder & FireHawks not long after the Omegas came out. Don't recall anyone trashing either model, but a cadillac or porche they just aint. I much prefer a nice wood stock over rather un attractive black plastic, but I hunted either swamp or mountains for a very long time back then. The environment & rough terrain & me bein kinda a bull in a china shop guy, my nicer wood stock guns were really takin a beating & like my ex wives looked atleast 10yrs older than they were. So the new receiver design & mag charge, synthetic stocks, IMHO & darn near everyone else I knew back then thought the Omegas were a better gun & switched. To this day, I'd have a half dozen Omegas - 1 stock & 5 from Bestill creations, & 0- Thunder & Firehawks in my closet. But thats just me. Kind regards sir

Last edited:
I understand I am a newbie and have not developed an obsession with smoke poles yet, but why have more than one particular gun? As in 8 Thunderhawks...

I understand I am a newbie and have not developed an obsession with smoke poles yet, but why have more than one particular gun? As in 8 Thunderhawks...

It's called "MAS" (Muzzleloader Addiction Syndrome) :roll:

Yeah 5 of the same gun, 8 of the same gun, I go WTF every time I see that too. I could see it logical if they were all built in diff cal. Or a cpl diff barrel twists for a cpl in a few cal. perhaps, but any more than 1 to shoot & 1 for a spare of the exact same gun is bein a hoarder. Now this is from a dude that would love to walk out to his garage & have a diff Harley for every day of the wk. BUT they would ALL be completely different. NOT Identical 7 bikes . Not even close to the same thing LMAO

8 of the same exact rifle??? Hmm maybe parts? Like owning a car and a junker of the same model. Not very smart if you ask me. When I buy four of something they are in different calibers.

@dbowling Did you have to send that fella a Picture of your Drivers License? I bought the nicest OLD Pre Warning TC Renegade i own from that Same Guy, He wanted a Pic of my Drivers License? That was a 1st for me with a Muzzleloader.

8 of the same exact rifle??? Hmm maybe parts? Like owning a car and a junker of the same model. Not very smart if you ask me. When I buy four of something they are in different calibers.
When you get them for 65.00-170.00 for clean and in some cases unfired in the box. I didn't ask. And some are different calibers. Move on dream killer. Bye.

Latest posts

Back