SONS OF A TRACKLESS FOREST:

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drax05

Reaction score
Sons of a Trackless Forest: The Cumberland Long Hunters of the Eighteenth Century, by Mark A. Baker. A thesis submitted in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degree of MASTER OF SCIENCE in American Studies. Utah State University, Logan Utah, 1992.
A copy was sent to me by a friend doing research on over-mountain men for a book he was writing. Considers it the top book on its subject. Anyhow, originally when I looked it up on-line, the book sells for $450-600 bucks! Just a tad out of my means, anyhow a copy was sent to me later of the original thesis downloaded from someplace on line. If you are serious about this period, it's a "must". Trust me.

Sons of a Trackless Forest: The Cumberland Long Hunters of the Eighteenth Century, by Mark A. Baker. A thesis submitted in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degree of MASTER OF SCIENCE in American Studies. Utah State University, Logan Utah, 1992.
A copy was sent to me by a friend doing research on over-mountain men for a book he was writing. Considers it the top book on its subject. Anyhow, originally when I looked it up on-line, the book sells for $450-600 bucks! Just a tad out of my means, anyhow a copy was sent to me later of the original thesis downloaded from someplace on line. If you are serious about this period, it's a "must". Trust me.
Just did a search. $450 lowest price, and one guy on ebay wants $800. Read a review and it looks like excellent reading of the period. Keep my eyes out for a lower price.

I just checked, you can download it from the University of Utah.
Thank you sir. That is definitely going to Jonathan and me for some great reading.
Just got done downloading it and gave a Jon a copy also. Thanks drax05. I owe you one. :thumbs up: :)

Last edited:
ok, when this virus stuff is past, next trip out there, I'm known to drink a beer, whatever kind you got......... Anyhow, it's extremely well researched, period references etc......

Thank you sir. That is definitely going to Jonathan and me for some great reading.
Just got done downloading it and gave a Jon a copy also. Thanks drax05. I owe you one. :thumbs up: :)
What is the cost to download it from the University?
Do you have a web link for us to download the publication?

Back