Sort of new and want to upgrade

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck

Reaction score
Have the Wolf 50 caliber, I wished i had found this site prior to the gas and $ spent at a chain store w/ experts?? Anyhow I have it shooting fairly consistently at 75 yard using PB platinum, T7 Loose 83 GR.(now vs. pellet). Buy new BrPl every year for it. I want to shoot longer for fun and deer. This sport has me so excited I hunted w/ ML last year on drives in PA. Got a buck in OH, and a doe in MI. I would like to shoot into the 150 yardrange consistently and safely. I think I have a gun picked (Omega, SS,TH 50 cal) and read these posts and get scared off ....Now I am looking hard at Knight until I see all these Triumph posts Here is what I know:
1. I am 6'4" and have long arms. Most guns need some work. Not afraid of recoil but getting some past 50 years old.
2. Like TH stocks in TC. tried the Optima and it was like a 2x10 w/ a hole ,cut in it Never tried a Knight can't find those in stores consistent..
3. Like scopes (old eyes)
4. I have narrowed to Truiumph, Vision or Omega. I like the look of the camo, I like easy clean up but want accurate.
5. Like that camo look on barrels and stocks. HELP Me People!!

I think your desire for a camo finish narrows the choices too much.

Take a look at the Knight KRB7 - it's at

http://www.rrarms.com/catalog.php?prod=KRB07N all camo

http://www.rrarms.com/catalog.php?prod=KRB707C

The reports I've read on the KRB7 have all been positive and that stock should fit you better.

I've not read much from Vision owners, but it does not appeal to me. I can tell you from personal experience the small trigger guard area on the Omega can be a real problem for a big guy. I don't know about the Triumph and JJ aint tellin much. :wink:

Since you are "tall" like me I suggest the T/C Pro hunter even though it is not on your "option list" . Here's why, with your height you may need to have some stock modifications done to increase the stocks lengh. The stock is easity removable with a allen wrench and you can have the best of both worlds by having a thumb hole and a standard stcok configeration.

If you find the "price" to high I will say that the high comb on the T/C Triumpth provides a very comfortable cheek weld if you are 6' 1" or taller.

Both rifles have the twist and turn breech plug which is a necessary convienence.

Chocdog

Okay, thanks for reccommendations. So if I don't want the all camo?? What then???

Buck:

Sence you are tall and you like the thumbhole stocks my recam. would be a Knight disc extreme w/thumbhole stock they are good priced and you can get them with the ss barrle and the camo stock or black stock the stocks are solid not hollow like the stokes on the omega. the second choice would be the Knight Rolling Block you can get this gun in full camo barrel & stock BUT you can't get a thumbhole stock. You can get these guns at a good price with out breaking the bank also.

KNIGHT DISC EXTREME ----- Knight Rolling Block
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wt - 7lb 14 oz ---- wt - 8 lbs
Barrle - 26" Barrle - 27 "
Trigger - adjstable ---- Trgger - adjust.
length of pull - 14 1/2 " ---- length o p - 13 3/4 "
overall length - 45" ---- overall Leng - 43 "

I own a Disc Extreme and I can say that I wouldn't get rid of it for anything one of the best shooting ML that I have ever owned.

Check this sight out - www.midsouthshooters.com
www.knightrifles.com

JUST MY OPPIN.

Ron G.

Back