Striper fishing with JJ Doohan

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rifleman

Reaction score
Well friday is JJ's day to arrive and fish for stripers with the infamous Rifleman. The weather report is iffy as a cold front is moving in. However we may be able to boat one anyway and will give it our best shot. I had to remove some ballast form my boat to make weight as I hear JJ is a big guy! I will let you all know the outcome, Rman

I had to remove some ballast form my boat to make weight as I hear JJ is a big guy! I will let you all know the outcome, Rman

You shouldn't have any problems unless he dozes off! :lol:

FISHING REPORT DUE!!!!

Ok, I reported my one measly Catfish I caught Friday....how did the RMan & JJ do????

Well we did not get skunked but it was not a good day for fishing. JJ got one, I will post a pic later. We had fun though, JJ is a good first mate.

JJ Doohan in an amazing feat of fishing prowess, was able to boat, with no assistance, the smallest striper to date, that has ever been boated in the Riflemans posh fishing boat. Congrats JJ ! :D

100_9635.jpg

:D Congrats JJ! A Striper is a Striper!!

In MD we can keep 2 18"-26" OR 1 18-26 & 1 over 26". I used to go down the Mid & Lower Bay for the big ole 15 plus pounders and but last couple years target the smaller ones (5-10 lbs ave) in lower Susky.....veryscrappy fighters on lighter tackle plus far better table fare when I harvest some. :D

What ur size limits etc. in Indiana RMan?

RMan, I never have eaten a landlocked Striper. How are they? We have them in Raystown Lake here in PA but i never fished it.

In MD the locals call the Striper ...ROCKFISH so while I'm in MD I am sure to call them that. If you call them a Striper you are marked an out of State intruder! :lol: They are the saltwater species that each Spring come from the ocean & swim up various rivers/tributaries as part of spawning run. One of my favorite fish to eat.

They are ok to eat, fair , not crappie for sure. Speaking of that RW forgot his fillets, I was gonna give them to JJ, he forgot too!

Hey guys. Just settled back in from my trip to Dwight's. I had a great time! Dwight and Melinda are excellent hosts! If ever get the opportunity, I highly recommend it! The Cherry Cobler was excellent! :p

We didn't do very well on the Striper front, and it was quite windy at the range, but I had fun none the less! Watching the vapor trail from the .204 while shooting at the 600yd gong was very cool!

Thanks Dwight!

JJ

Dang, JJ....You're no better looking than you were at Crossville in April! :cry: A Pitty.......

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!! :lol:

LOL!

Chuck, I was VERY tired in that pic! Reeling in that monster really took it out of me! :lol:

I have seen the day on Smith Mountain and Buggs Island here in Virginia that a striper that size would bring big smiles too!

So make sure and cheese it up when the opportunity arises.

Only time I ever caught one that small though was when I caught one in a cast net trying to catch bait.

Good luck with the stripers! iisabigone

Latest posts

Back