T-7 cleaner

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

03mossy

Reaction score
i spray this on a patch as my spit patch between shots, it gets the barrel clean but it leaves a sticky, soapy feeling on my fingers, so im wondering if this could be leaving a residue that may be affecting anything. or should i just use strait alchohol or water or windex as my between shot wet patch.

I would certainly think that if it's on your fingers it's in your bore. Water/spit works just fine and is a lot cheaper.

cayuga- what is the ratio you use of windshield washer fluid and alchohol? and what about windex?

03mossy said:
cayuga- what is the ratio you use of windshield washer fluid and alchohol? and what about windex?

nevermind i saw in another post you say 50/50, correct me if im wrong.

That's correct.. 50/50. In traditional rifles I swab with straight 91% alcohol. The important thing is, do not saturate the patch. Just dampen the patch and swab slow. Flip it and swab the other side of the patch. Then a couple dry patches.

I tried that T/C bore cleaner once and had so many misfires I never used it again.

i just got back from the final range trip before the season starts saturday. and i tried the 50/50 mix and can say that the half bottle of t-7 cleaner i have left is going down the drain! the 50/50 works so muck better. i also listen to you and ditched the bore butter and i think that has made a differance as well in accuracy, and ease of loading. first shot at 100yards could not have been anymore centerd in the bullseye, 2and 3 where about inch and a half high. thanks for the help

Latest posts

Back