T/C Impact 50 cal grouping issues

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am having issues getting this gun to group.I am shooting a REAL 250gr bullet using around 55 Gr of Pyrodex on top of a felt wad. The grooves of the bullet is lubed with bees wax. Just curious what ot are using .

It could be a combination of things.
I'd start with a stronger charge. Go to 60 grains and work up a little bit at a time.
I've never shot those REAL bullets. From what I've read, they don't shoot great out of every gun.
More powder, different powder maybe and maybe a different bullet?

I'm opinionated as having bought the T/C Impact when it first came out and
I was a BP/equivalent newbie.
I wasted all the time in the world with net searches, powders, primers and pills.
I have the original and SB Impacts.
For me and only me & both types of Impacts only:
Propellant: BlackHorn 209 (Volume 110, Weight 77gr) I always pull out the PACT scale +/- 0.1gr accuracy
My 5.56, 7mm-08, 308, 6.8 x 43mm, and 6.5 CM loads get the A&D FX 120i scale with the AutoTrickler V3 and/or V4
Forgot to add the 458/375/358 SOCOM loads.
Primer: CCI 209M
Pill: Barnes Spit-Fire T-EZ Flat Base 290gr Sabot
BH209 forever and a day from now on.
Best to all.

Last edited:
did you get your grouping issues resolved?I have a Impact that would not hold a group no matter what I put down the barrel.I found there was a problem with the hinge pin.I could rock the barrel up and down ,back and forth.the hinge pin holes in the frame are awful.

Back