TC Black Diamond & BH 209

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhinelander

Reaction score
I sent BH 209 an email last week asking if it was okay to shoot BH 209 in my TC Black Diamond. They replied back that they did not have any data for this muzzleloader. I then emailed TC and asked if it was okay to use BH209 in the Black Diamond. They also said that they did not have any data.

So have any of you folks used BH 209 in the TC Black Diamond using 209 primers? If so what were your results??

Thank you
Ben

Calvin has. And done so with some pretty impressive results. I'm sure he can add more.

I understand your concern. It does seem to be one of the "non recommended" BPs. Calvin's results did not support this. He had great ignition.

Maybe, just maybe, TC wasn't just spouting off marketing BS when they made this statement about the BD:

T/C?s Flame Thrower ignition systems provide three times the volume of fire than conventional systems provide. 80% of the priming fire is directed into the main powder charge (versus 50% for conventional systems) and the patented design throws a ?ring of fire?, reinforcing the main core of fire, into the powder charge. This 300% increase of primer fire makes the Black Diamond? XR one of the most dependable modern style in-lines there is, even in the most adverse weather conditions.

Of course, that statement was made at a time when Tony's original design was really the only game in town. I'm sure newer designs are even hotter. Obviously, I'd rather have a sealed breach, but such an animal in a 45 with a 20 twist no longer exists (without going custom).

It better work, I found two of the old 45s with a 20 twist and they should be on the porch next week ;) I'm not expecting them to shoot a .40, BUT all preliminary indications support that they should stabalize a .358

Please let us know if you shoot BH out of your BD.

Latest posts

Back