TC Omega Issue

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swamp

Supporter
Supporting member
Reaction score
Ok, a friend brought over an Omega that he is having problems with. This is an earlier TC Omega. The firing pin and round block housing that holds it into the action is froze up. How I can I get this round metal housing removed? I have removed the housing retaining screw and have it soaking in Kroil now, but not sure how to get it out? Can I use a small diameter punch down in the bottom of the retaining screw hole and tap it with a mallet to try and break it free? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Lesson to all Omega owners. I've had over 40 Omegas that I have bought and sold or parted out. The biggest issue with most was the firing pin bushing not being removed for cleaning. This was almost 100% on used rifles. After range sessions or at the end of hunting season these bushings (two different types) need to be removed and appropriate cleaning and lube need to be done.

Lesson to all Omega owners. I've had over 40 Omegas that I have bought and sold or parted out. The biggest issue with most was the firing pin bushing not being removed for cleaning. This was almost 100% on used rifles. After range sessions or at the end of hunting season these bushings (two different types) need to be removed and appropriate cleaning and lube need to be done.

That season end firing pin and bushing clean up a should be a given on any inline.

Yes, sound advice

Yep thats exactly what I do. This rifle is a friends that hasn't been used in years. I'm hoping I can get this bushing out! Wish me luck!

Pictures please. I gave my son a used Omega a few years ago and showed him how to preform Maintenace on it but not that part. He is in the US Air Force and station in Georgia, He doesn't use it much would like him to clean the firing pin area ??? Thanks

I wouldnt have any idea on how to remove the firing pin and bushings on my Omega

I wouldnt have any idea on how to remove the firing pin and bushings on my Omega
There are two variations that I’ve seen. The following pics show the two design variations (you don’t need to fully detail-strip as shown - these are the pics I just happen to have handy). Very easy to remove either as long as they aren’t corroded.

IMG_3639.jpeg

One has a bushing that comes out the front of the action and is held in by a small screw (that threads in from the rear of the action.)

IMG_3642.jpeg

The newer design variation has a bushing that screws out the back of the action.

IMG_3640.jpeg

IMG_3638.jpeg

Yes. Soak the whole thing in kroil for a day, then gently try to tap it out, thru that screw hole, and also by tapping on the rear of the firing pin too. Use brass punches if you have them. A little heat always helps too.

Soaked in Kroil for 3 days, then used a punch in the retaining screw hole and it tapped right out. All is good now! Cleaned up parts on a wire wheel, oiled and reassembled. Thanks MM, and everyone else for the info.

Last edited:
Back