The Claw

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kodiak

Reaction score
Recently I picked-up a Quake Ind. rifle sling named "The Claw". It is made of very dark green web material with a wider area where it goes over the shoulder. The area of the sling that makes contact with the top of the shoulder is a very soft (almost sticky) rubber-like material. The sling was very easy to adjust to the rifle but the swivels have a small althread screw with a small flat handle to tighten with. It may be ok. I tried walking around the back-yard with it on the scoped Knight and found it comfortable. The #1 minus is, the soft-rubber area where it goes over the shoulder is so sticky, that from the weight of the rifle, it wants to pull-off your coat,vest or shirt. But I guess thats how it's made, right? And minus #2 is the sticky area of the sling will pick-up small twigs, grass and dirt when/if the rifle is placed on the ground. They sell for about $25, and come in green, brown and camo colors.

I have them on 3 rifles and my grandsons .17 HM2. The rubber like material really hugs tight to your shoulder and keeps the rifle in place like no other sling that I have used.

I highly recommend them!

Field test report

After a few days in Montana, antelope hunting, I have to say the Claw is a fine rifle sling. It stayed on the shoulder like you wish all slings would. Good product!

Back