The project continues

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Archie otto

Reaction score
Crappy weather and too many hours at work but I got to spend a few hours today on the trapdoor.
Even my fun is work :D 

lock1_zpsfdcbfd1d.jpg

lock2_zpsc21c067e.jpg

lock3_zps8f6d4040.jpg

I know i've tried it with a few things.

I'm just saying his work is good enough to get paid for it.

Funny enough most people will want something but don't want to pay what it is worth.....my experience with doing things we are good at  :scratch:

Lots of money in the world now Spit. Lots of guys are building guns and bamboo rods in their garage one at a time, and getting good money for them.

Quality will always sell.  ;) 

Thanks for the compliment, reality is I'm not fast enough or skilled enough to do it for a living and not sure I want to turn my labor of love into just labor.  I could see building at my leisure and then selling what I build but that would be like selling my kids.  Then to build to another persons specifications would be difficult, I start with an idea of what a gun will look like but it changes as the project progresses almost taking on a life of its own.  Maybe some day......

Now waiting for some parts from TOW, buttplate, wedge pins, underlug staples and a few other odds and end.  I will be pouring/installing a pewter nose cap and all steel parts will be browned.

But now I am forced to return to work  :(  so I'm not sure when the work will continue.
]

Latest posts

Back