TN Wild Boar Outfitter??

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loggy

Reaction score
Anyone ever hear of this outfit (below Link)?? Talked to my gun dealers Daughter yesterday & she is going there this weekend on a wild boar hunt. Her Dad went before & said they were a top shelf outfitter plus some really nice boars there. His was hanging up at shop & I must say I agree. I will ck back with her next week & get a report. I few hundred more than Loshboughs. Must be close to Loshboughs based on address.

http://www.caryonah.com/

That was the spot Bluedot's group was going to go the same weekend as our hunt. They changed to an earlier weekend at Loshbough instead.

Yep. I figured that for a couple hundred $$ apiece that we wouldn't mind scrounging up our own meals for a couple of days. But, for next year I'll let the group decide. Maybe a poll is in order? Both places are comparable in quality of hunt and lodgings, wiht the exception of meals served. Big 6x6 was there. Their price would have been $710.00 per person (including tax) I believe.

Blue-Dot-37.5

My gun dealers Daughter said that no dogs were used?? Plus she didnt think treestands were either? May be more of a pen type hunt...not sure.

Loggy said:
Chuck, how was your trip with Caryonah?

GREAT! Kristel and I went... It was really good! I liked it because we had more of a choice between still hunting or with dogs. We picked still hunting and hunting at our own pace. The guides did some drive pushes and such. They have nice lodging and good food although we didn't eat there. The lodge is a little larger and the sleeping quarters are more private. It was SO much nicer than the previous place I hunted up there, Wilderness Hunting Lodge. I'll probably go back to Caryonah sometimes...

Randy and I tried to book there at Caryonah last year for the hog hunt but we never could get our dates right. We just stumbled on Loshbough... Of course I like Loshbough and it is working out really great for us!

Thanks Chuck. Always nice to have some other options. I will ck in with my gun dealers Daughter this weekend & see how they did. She was using a 50 cal Traditions in-line with 245 powerbelts.

Just talked to my gun dealer's Daughter about their Caryonah Hog Hunt. First off, she went with a 295 Powerbelt as i suggested (really I told her 348 :lol: ) She likes the PB to I wasnt gonna try yo change her mind! :lol:

They had an oustanding hunt! She killed a beautiful Russian weighing about 325 lbs. (Her Very First Kill of any kind!!!) The 295 PB blew thru Hog & did considerable damage. The Hog reared up & squeeled & another in her party finished it off. The guide said the Hog wasnt going anywhere after looking at her 295's damage but she didnt have time for a reload.

One in their party hit a BIG HOG 6 times with a 44 Mag before it finally dropped.

Their group all killed nice hogs and gave Caryonah a 5 Star rating. Food (Homestyle Cooking) was outstanding & they said it kept on coming till you were full. All the guides really worked hard & were great.

They had over 20,000 acres and stalk hunted. The guides did put on some drives to move hogs when necessary. This was her first Hog but some others on trip it was their second trip there.

This is an outfit we will have to also consider in the future especially if Loshbough's gets booked out on dates we're lookin for.

Latest posts

Back