Traded unmentionable, modern firearm for Traditional Flintlock

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RonC said:
The Colonel's barn: :D
J6WV67.jpg

Ron

Oh, yes. Thats my barn. I'll get right on those shingles. (Boy! Talk about the 'glass half empty! :lol:)

But, Ron? Here is my old Kentucky home. 

outhouse_zpstqyno3r6.jpg

Love the shop pic and the shop tabby.
We share a love old WWI and WWII aircraft. 
I loved the Grumman Wildcats, RAF Spitfires, 
bi-planes, Ligntings, and Mustangs.

"We share a love old WWI and WWII aircraft. 
I loved the Grumman Wildcats, RAF Spitfires, 
bi-planes, Ligntings, and Mustangs."

My dad was a Navy pilot in WWII but never left the States. He was 23 when Pearl Harbor happened and was considered too old to fly combat. They made him an instructor and he spent the war in Pensacola teaching newbies to take off and land from barges that simulated a carrier's deck.

They used pre-war Curtiss planes until they got Grumman Hellcats.

There was a 95 year old gentleman in my cardiac rehab group after heart surgery. 95! He was a B17 pilot during the last year of WWII. We talked extensively (after the rehab session, of course).
Ron

A gentleman I was in ministry (Trinity Trail Riders) with in Denver with was the <a href='/tags/1' rel='nofollow' title='See all tagged subjects with: #1'>#1</a> P38 Ace in the European theater. My wife and I cared for a retired Col. who flew P51's in South Pacific. My step-father was a belly gunner in a B17....great stories....brave fellows all!

Back