Two new CF rifles coming....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENCORE50A

Long Range Shooter
Supporting member
Reaction score
A souped up and on steroids .460 bolt action rifle is soon to become available, which will meet all those states which have the case length maximum. Velocity and pressures during the testing indicate it will be a long range screamer. A clip fed rifle and I heard its approximately 6.5#.

A new AR platform .450, also on steroids, with a redesigned lower and Timney trigger.

Not sure when these rifles will hit the market, but if I find out more I'll post the information.

ENCORE50A said:
I'm only getting enough information now to make me dangersous :p

I heard that the .460 will be shooting 2,600fps.
Your killing me !

rwbaker said:
ENCORE50A said:
I'm only getting enough information now to make me dangersous :p

I heard that the .460 will be shooting 2,600fps.
Your killing me !

There's been a LOT of testing been going on for the last 6 weeks. I may get to fondle one in a few days myself 8)

When you say ".460" are you talking something like 460S&W pistol cartridge?

ShawnT said:
When you say ".460" are you talking something like 460S&W pistol cartridge?

Yes. It should meet the standards of 5 different states. It will meet the following:

a .35 caliber or larger rifle loaded with straight-walled cartridges with a minimum case length of 1.16 inches and a maximum case length of 1.80 inches.

Cool. This year Ohio just opened up to Straight walled cartridge rifles. I thought it would just be pistol cartridges but some listed are older BP cartridge rifles too. They actually spell out what you can use in the regs.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Straight-walled cartridge rifles in the following calibers: .357 Magnum, .357 Maximum, .38 Special, .375 Super Magnum, .375 Winchester, .38-55, .41 Long Colt, .41 Magnum, .44 Special, .44 Magnum, .444 Marlin, .45 ACP, .45 Colt, .45 Long Colt, .45 Winchester Magnum, .45 Smith & Wesson, .454 Cassull, .460 Smith & Wesson, .45-70, .45-90, .45-110, .475 Linebaugh, .50-70, .50-90, .50-100, .50-110, and .500 Smith & Wesson.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I saw a real cool Rem788 in .44mag on Gunbroker. Never knew that Rem had chambered it in 44mag.

Latest posts

Back