Visitors today

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTom

Reaction score
It's been quiet in the stand all weekend except for these two little fellas. They showed up at about 8 Sunday morning and hung around the clover plot for half an hour then wandered off. At nine another, smaller even, fawn came in and had a drink at the pond then went back the way she came. Both of these guys were maybe 40 pounds each.

YBNFKkD.jpg

GpTLxz5.jpg

They're only ten feet from the 12 foot high stand. When they were directly under me I was dropping dried cranberries on their backs and they'd smell them and pick the berries up and eat them. Great entertainment for an old fart.

At 8AM Saturday I had a nine point at about 80 yards but behind some small trees and twigs and with the pistol it was just too chancy. About nine that morning a small 6 showed up by stayed in the rough where nothing could have gotten to it. Had an appt this morning and will head back to the mountain about 11. North wind today with changing weather ahead. The last two days were in the upper 50's, lower 60's so it doesn't bother me to have not gotten a deer yet. Plenty of time yet.

Good luck afield to all those hunting! Stay safe!

Last edited:
Back