"Weather Cap" for White Ultra Mag

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaybe

Reaction score
Here's a pic of the "weather cap" I made for my Ultra Mag.
It's a pvc coupling that measures 1 1/4" inside, cut lengthwise and to the right length to fit over the breech and nipple area. I glued (GOOP - if you haven't discovered Goop yet, it's great!) a piece of inner tube to the underside of the coupling, then Gooped a piece of web material to wrap around. Add a couple of Velcro dots to fasten - and voila! I figure I will only use it on days when it's raining or snowing, or when the snow is heavy on the pines I walk through - but it will keep any heavy moisture away from the nipple.

Weathercap03.jpg

BTW - if you're shopping for GOOP, don't worry about whether it's Marine, Plumber's, Home, or whatever - it's all the same.

IM jaybe :)

Mite be a tad hard ta move outta da way, but ya dun guud Grasshopper. :wink:

Batchief909 said:
Duct tape.... :roll: :lol: :wink:

Bat - do you wear one Green and One red suspender?

jaybe - I am planning on making something like that myself. I just got my hands on some heavy duty plastic well pipe that I think will do the same thing...

Mite be a tad hard ta move outta da way

Well, I don't plan on getting any of those 22 second follow-up shots Doc talks about on his site. The way I figure - now I have the best gun shooting the best boolits - why would I ever need a second shot? Why, the shockwave alone from these big conicals is enough to knock a moose to his knees! :lol:

Latest posts

Back