Weigh BH 209??

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is if I’m reading this correctly?
The top chart indicates 10 volume charges, each then weighed. Of those weights, the average weight was used.

I think that where BH starts to excel and become more consistent, is when the charge is further increased. It might be why BH and T7 (loose) are comparatively close with one another with100gr volume charges?

The top chart indicates 10 volume charges, each then weighed. Of those weights, the average weight was used.

I think that where BH starts to excel and become more consistent, is when the charge is further increased. It might be why BH and T7 (loose) are comparatively close with one another with100gr volume charges?
Thanks for the clarification.

When I started to see two front sights, I changed all my long guns over to scopes and sold all my pistols.

It might be why BH and T7 (loose) are comparatively close with one another with100gr volume charges?
They are fairly similar until bullet weight and charge weight increases enough. When you get to say a 300gr and 110grV loads the difference is very noticeable. Guys shooting things like a 200gr SST in a sabot see very little performance gain until you get to 120grV. Shooting big lead a 70-80grV load of BH209 is not a heckuva lot faster than the same amount of Triple7. 5-10grV more will pretty much match it.

Latest posts

Back