Well Not As Young As We Was

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneshot1

Reaction score
We've been trying to fix up a Small Apartment. Making a Storage Room into a Bedroom. We had to tear out and put up Rafters and Hang Sheet Rock.

Got the Rafters up. Went got Sheet Rock. Ok measure for the first Sheet. Get it up, found it was bigger that both us and not good finding when you have a Sheet of Sheet Rock up that the room is not square.

Ok old and weak we found cut Sheets down to what we can handle on the ceiling. Might not be the best but it will be up.

Going to put in New Shower, Furnace and Front Door.

Be nice having Warm Weather and our Kids to help us but do what we can.

oneshot

Try doing this kind of physical work when your a few years older (me). The problem is we remember something we did at an earlier age and it was a snap. Our minds tell us we're 20 years younger, we all know how that crap works...... Down hill !@#$%^

Buck Conner said:
Try doing this kind of physical work when your a few years older (me). The problem is we remember something we did at an earlier age and it was a snap. Our minds tell us we're 20 years younger, we all know how that crap works...... Down hill !@#$%^
Funny I worked at the Feed Mill when I was young, everything came in 100# Bags. Was Supervisor at a Seed Plant had bunch of Kids under me. Most the time everything was bagged in 50# Bags but every so often things were bagged in full Bushel 60# Bags.

Get to them 60# Bags them kids were crying, needed extra Breaks.  :roll:  I'm like give me a break!

oneshot

I worked as a mechanic/supervisor for a chain of Purina Feed Stores all (14) owned by one family with their highest education of the 5th grade. Smartest guys you ever saw, been in business in the Denver metro area for 50 years (all the managers [family] were millionaires several times over). These guys would have all their employees come to one of the feed stores once a month on a Sunday when closed. 

They would have a large feed when done we then had a lifting contest (bags of grain). Some of these guys are over 60 years old, <a href='/tags/Round' rel='nofollow' title='See all tagged subjects with: #Round'>#Round</a> 1. - (1) 100 lb. feed bag 100 feet, <a href='/tags/Round' rel='nofollow' title='See all tagged subjects with: #Round'>#Round</a> 2. - (2) 100 lb. feed bags 100 feet, <a href='/tags/Round' rel='nofollow' title='See all tagged subjects with: #Round'>#Round</a> 3. - (2) 100 lb. bags plus (1) 50 lb. bag 100 feet, and then whoever is left gets a 50 lb bag added to the load and so on. 

I'm 35 years old and would get through <a href='/tags/Round' rel='nofollow' title='See all tagged subjects with: #Round'>#Round</a> 3. then I was finished.

Today I'm good for <a href='/tags/Round' rel='nofollow' title='See all tagged subjects with: #Round'>#Round</a> 1. then I'm finished.   :x   My grandson and his friends are lucky to make have of that the distance .....

Time was I could sling half an elk up onto a saddle all by myself.  Last time I had to go to slinging, I was real happy my bud was with me. And the two of us barely managed it on the first half, had to lead his horse to a log so we could do the second half in stages.  Surely made me fond of rabbit hunting! :D

Still working on it yesterday got a bunch of Dry wall up and some Wiring done. Our Son came day before we got him to help with some.

Told my wife yesterday would be nice to have our Son helping. she says I'm glad he isn't here, we get more done without him and he is only good for an hour.

Another thing I bought a Dewalt Cordless Drill yesterday. I told my wife our Son is very smart, he goes out gets Handyman Jobs, comes borrows Dads good Tools because he don't have money to buy any. Plus he will be there wanting them when I die.

oneshot

Buck Conner said:
I worked as a mechanic/supervisor for a chain of Purina Feed Stores all (14) owned by one family with their highest education of the 5th grade. Smartest guys you ever saw, been in business in the Denver metro area for 50 years (all the managers [family] were millionaires several times over). These guys would have all their employees come to one of the feed stores once a month on a Sunday when closed. 

They would have a large feed when done we then had a lifting contest (bags of grain). Some of these guys are over 60 years old, <a href='/tags/Round' rel='nofollow' title='See all tagged subjects with: #Round'>#Round</a> 1. - (1) 100 lb. feed bag 100 feet, <a href='/tags/Round' rel='nofollow' title='See all tagged subjects with: #Round'>#Round</a> 2. - (2) 100 lb. feed bags 100 feet, <a href='/tags/Round' rel='nofollow' title='See all tagged subjects with: #Round'>#Round</a> 3. - (2) 100 lb. bags plus (1) 50 lb. bag 100 feet, and then whoever is left gets a 50 lb bag added to the load and so on. 

I'm 35 years old and would get through <a href='/tags/Round' rel='nofollow' title='See all tagged subjects with: #Round'>#Round</a> 3. then I was finished.

Today I'm good for <a href='/tags/Round' rel='nofollow' title='See all tagged subjects with: #Round'>#Round</a> 1. then I'm finished.   :x   My grandson and his friends are lucky to make have of that the distance .....
When I worked at the Feed Mill had a Guy able to carry 6 100# Bags of Salt. Seen him lift the front of a Forklift.

When I went to the seed plant the Manager said he was unsure hiring a Guy so old, I was 35  :shock: But said he was glad he did. During Harvest we would get Trucks in all night. them Kids would give out, I would get them going on their second wind.

When I was a kid I would get beat regular by the Guy my Mom was married to because he considered me lazy loading Logs. Senior Year in High School I went to School with Belt Cuts on my Face. Things were different back then.

oneshot

oneshot 1 said:
Another thing I bought a Dewalt Cordless Drill yesterday. 
oneshot
I bought one about 6 mos. ago. I like it a lot. I also got the recip. saw and skill saw with it. I haven't used the reciprocating saw yet but the skill saw is a godsend for work on the cattle pen.

Latest posts

Back