White super 91

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weed

Reaction score
I have a White super 91 .504 rifle. I have not deer hunted in about 7 or eight years. What is a good bullet available now for whitetails. When I quit hunting I was using bullets made by Acuracy Unlimited out of Colorado. Any help would be appreciated.

Give Dan a shout.

bullshop.jpg

The 460s shoot really well,,as do the 500s.

Weed
Im in the same position but im going for elk in 8 weeks, I am going to shoot sabots, with a 300gr nosler. I am going to shoot it for the first time since 1992 tomorrow. I will find out how they shoot out of my super 91 .504
Alot of good guys in here that can help you, a good place to chat and get bullets and such figured out.
I am going with what works for an other guy, that will shoot flat and have a punch at 250yds.

weed

Depending on what the rules in your state are - that may help you decide... If you must shoot conicals - do not think you will find a better conical than Dan's BullShops.

I have a M97 .504 UMag which I do hunt with during the regular rifle season so at that time I do use sabots/and jacketed bullets. If you are only hunting deer class animals I would suggest a .451/260 grain Nosler Partition or an equivelent Barnes... I prefer the Nosler. A much less expensive bullet that will work very well is the 250 grain or the 300 grain Speer .452 Gold Dot. The .452 has a BC of .233 which really ranks it up there with some very good bullets. The best thing about the Gold Dot is that it is bonded - acts like a poorman's nosler. Another suggestion would be the .429/270 grain Speer Gold Dot.

I shoot 110 grains of T7-2f and would suggest if you were to try T7 - that you get the 3f variety... since you will be using a percussion cap ti ignite the load.

You would need a MMP HPH-12 sabot.

Just some rambling thoughts...

Thanks for the info. With the mmp hph-12 sabot you do not have a problem with them loading to loose? Also do you know how they shoot with pyrodex? Thanks.

weed

The 12's load just fine but since 6X6 has educated me - think I would get some MMP short black sabots also.

Pyro should work just fine... it is a little dirty and a bit corrossive, you will need a pretty stiff charge to match the velocity of T7, so do not be afraid to load it. I shoot 110 grains of T7-2f....

Here is a target I shot one day just dinging around...

UMagTar3.jpg

Is the 250 grain the long colt and 300 grn 454 casull? Thanks

Back