Wife or girlfriend shoot a bow?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bow

I would take her to a pro shop and find out what her draw length is and how many pounds she can comfortably pull. Let her shoot a few brands and see which one she likes. Once you have that info you can spring for a new bow or if you want to save some money look for one in her size in the used market. I have bought a couple of really nice bows in the classifieds over at archerytalk.com.

fliowa +1 take her to a reputable bow dealer. They will be best able to fit a bow to her needs and one she can grow into.

I have two Diamond Razor Edge bows. One for my 12 year old with the 30-60 lb limbs, and one for my 8 year old with the 15-30 lb limbs. They both shoot great. They are lightwieght and have a wide range of adjustability. They come as a package deal with the sights, peep, arrow rest and quiver. None of the add ons are great but I'm not sure if you can buy just the bow by itself. My 8 year old is shooting his as is but my 12 year old is hunting with his so I upgraded the sights, peep, and arrow rest. I also put on a string stop, stabilizer and a removeable quiver for certain hunting situations.

I know Mathews also has a bow similar to the Diamond and that bow has gotten good reviews also, I think it's the Mission Craze. Like what the others have said, go and shoot some to get the best fit.

Forgive me for not posing the question the right way gents. I was looking for model names. I went to the Mathews website and couldn't find a listing for women's bows. BDH- thanks for the info on the Diamond's. I'll be sure to check them out.

Latest posts

Back