Winter whitetail activity on January 22, 2020

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty1

Reaction score
I was able to catch a few pics of deer activity at around 4:00 p.m. yesterday in the late afternoon. There were a total of 6 deer herded-up which I watched for about half-hour. First pic shows a few of them browsing just inside the wood line edge
fK61vfN.jpg

a few were huddled along the field edge
MZn6TLb.jpg

another was checking-out the open field
PTFh2SP.jpg

some were grazing in the areas without snow
jeoPNVo.jpg

and one just decided to lay down just insider the field-woods line edge
cMk8sp2.jpg

You should see all the bucks hanging around town here Marty.

I guess they're celebrating making through another hunting season.

That's the way it was yesterday in Uray CO. Pete, you stop at a traffic light and have a small doe rub her head on your bug deflector. :)

buck conner.jpg

Sold a couple of antique shotguns to an old friend, made the delivery (excuse to get out and about).

Yes, we have talked about Uray many times, lots of good places to visit or hang out in and around there. :thumbs up:

buck conner.jpg

You should see all the bucks hanging around town here Marty.

I guess they're celebrating making through another hunting season.
Oddly enough none of the 6 whitetail deer I saw had antlers. Whitetail bucks may also have shed their antlers by now too.

Mule deer here can lose their antlers from late Dec all the way to April. However, i'd know a buck without headgear.

"Boss Buck" made it through another hunting season, he disappears for awhile, probably down on the river with the whitetails on private. I like seeing him and his kin as they keep me from getting too excited when seeing smaller bucks while hunting. Here we do not get to hunt during the rut. Deer in my backyard and around town all winter. Kinda like a biological indicator that all is well.

Attachments

• P1160012.JPG
    P1160012.JPG
    242.4 KB · Views: 6
  • P1160013.JPG
    P1160013.JPG
    246.3 KB · Views: 7
  • P1160015.JPG
    P1160015.JPG
    245.6 KB · Views: 7
  • P1160016.JPG
    P1160016.JPG