You always seem to forget something...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty1

Reaction score
I spent this morning setting up trail cams with a biking friend.  As I stare in dis-belief, :slaps: 
20150808_140821_zpsdf8g2rba.jpg

my friend was painfully kind :p  enough to share his lunch with me after I forgot to pack mine.  :roll:

Another time I forgot my mechanical arrow release for my compound bow... and ended-up having to walk an hour back down a mountain to my Jeep to get it.  Ruined that a.m. hunt.

Anyone forget something while way outdoors that you will never forget :?:

Been there and done that with the release. I now attach the release to the bow so I get to loose everything at the same time.:lol!:

Glenn

I have forgotten so many things that I forget what they all were. I forgot a knife to gut a deer and worst of all, I forgot to load my gun. I sat in the stand all afternoon. When I got down, I tried to unload my gun but it was empty already.

Don't feel bad. I knew a guy that went out of state (four states away) for a deer hunt. Opening morning he unzipped his gun case and pulled out a 20 gauge shotgun! Blamed it on his kid for using his gun case last winter when duck hunting. But he did have a couple boxes of 30-06, yep, he was prepared and had checked his gear.............

My brother forgot his hunting boots one year. Pete looked at him and later on asked me why my brother was wearing regular shoes? :lol: :lol:

Ive honestly never forgotten anything on a hunt due to me being so horribly anal and checking and rechecking things. I normally pack 2 weeks before the hunt and check multiple times.

FrontierGander said:
My brother forgot his hunting boots one year. Pete looked at him and later on asked me why my brother was wearing regular shoes? :lol: :lol:

Ive honestly never forgotten anything on a hunt due to me being so horribly anal and checking and rechecking things. I normally pack 2 weeks before the hunt and check multiple times.
:lol: :lol: :lol: regarding boots...I went on vacation once which included a very formal dining experience.  I forgot my dress shoes and had to wear my scuffed-up hunting boots :!:    Needless to say the hostess apparently took immediate notice :shock: to my hill-billy shoes, and cordially :pete slap: seated us in the far corner of the dinning hall away :Hide: from the other patrons.   :lol!:
Anymore, retrieving :Beating Muley:   my memory at 59 is is becoming more of a challenge. :Questuon:  I guess it's back to writing up a list.

I forgot my gloves once in late season. I hunted until I couldn't stand it any longer. My hands were so cold I didn't have the strength to turn the key to open the door on my Jeep, and I couldn't unload the gun. I laughed at myself for being so stupid.

Now I pack an extra pair of gloves at the bottom of my pack, and they stay there all year. Just so that won't happen again.

It's amazing how weak my hands get when they're cold. I get cold hands fly fishing too, and they get too weak to change a fly. I don't remember this when I was younger. It must be an old fart thing?

I forgot my primers and speed loaders at camp on the firearm opener two years ago. Luckily I loaded at the truck before heading to my stand which is about a mile walk. I had 2 primers in the recoil pad which I picked up from FG on this site. I truly was shooting a single shot but took a deer so it wasn't all bad. Just glad I didn't see a nice buck walk by afterwards.

:lol!: its good to have those extra primers in the recoil pad screw holes.

I drove 30 minutes to the outdoor range near Idaho Springs, CO with all my black powder gear.
Range rods. Check. Box of jags and patches. Right. Balls. Yup. Powder. Powder? POWDER!?

No powder. :oops: 
Ron

I've gone to the range & forgot my rest, I've gone to the range with the wrong gun/ammo combination, & once I drove to the farm & when I got there......no gun :slaps: :slaps: :slaps: Fortunately I only live 5 minutes from where I hunt!

There are always details involved with each episode but it happens to all of us & if it hasn't happened to you yet......give it time. it will

Greg

Latest posts

Back