You may think I am crazy but

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-Duster

Reaction score
This works....Have a Wasp problem around your porch or deck ? Get yourself a couple brown paper lunch size bags, stuff them with half dozen plastic grocery bags , twist the top and use a twist tie to hang them where they can be seen. Wasp for some reason think it is a hornets nest and avoid it at all cost. I am usually covered in Wasp in the summer living in the woods but since I did this they are few and far between. Mine hang on swing chains each end of the front porch. I have told several people about this trick and they have had the same results.

Some thing I heard works (but have not tired it yet as the wasps have not found my porch) is take a plastic pop bottle. cut the top of it off and pour some soda pop in it. And then add a teaspoon of sugar to that soda. Then put the plastic part of the top you cut off upside down and push that back into the bottom. Like an fish trap kind of. Set that where the wasps are and they go down that funnel of the bottle to get the sweet soda pop and drown. It might work as when I was outside at the shooting bench, I have had wasps land on a soda pop can and try to get into it.

I made this same trap this spring as my house was infested with Asian Stink Beetles. And I poured water and then sugar in the water and added grape jelly to the water. Those dumb beetles crawled in there and drown. But you had to change it often as when they die, they start to stink pretty bad.

Never tried the brown paper bag thing. But if it works, it sounds like a great fix. I just hope it don't attract paper wasps, and the house gets a few of those nest from time to time.

Latest posts

Back