Zeroing New Savage Model 10 ML-II

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chizzy

Reaction score
Hello:

I just purchased a new Savage Model 10 ML-II. I will be placing a Bushnell Elite 3200 2X7 scope on it. I will be shooting Hornady 250 grain SST bullets with a W-209 primer and 42 grains of N110 powder.

My initial scope zeroing will be taking place at an indoor 50 yard range. I will not get to shoot the gun at longer ranges for a couple of weeks.

My question is two part. 1. What range should I zero my scope for with this gun considering it will be used for deer hunting. (100 yards, 150 yards?).

2. Given your answer to part 1 above, how many inches high would I expect to be above the bulls eye at 50 yards?

I realize that we are dealing with approximations here and that I will not know for sure until I actually shoot the gun at the actual range I want to zero it at. I just want to be able to get it as close as possible at my 50 yard indoor range. Thank you for your assistance.

Regards,

Chizzy

I would zero for at least 150 yards if I were you. With the 250 gr. SST/42grs. N110 load and zeroed for 150 yards, you will need to be approximately 1.1" high at 50 yards. This will put you 1.8" high at 100 yards and dead on at 150 yards. As always, it is best to shoot at these distances just to be sure as these are only approximations figured using a ballistics calculator.

Nic_58 said:
I would zero for at least 150 yards if I were you. With the 250 gr. SST/42grs. N110 load and zeroed for 150 yards, you will need to be approximately 1.1" high at 50 yards. This will put you 1.8" high at 100 yards and dead on at 150 yards. As always, it is best to shoot at these distances just to be sure as these are only approximations figured using a ballistics calculator.

Thank you very much. That was just what I was looking for. I am anxious to get my scope mounted and to try this gun out. Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Chizzy

Back