Thermacell

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

03mossy

Reaction score
In one of the discussions right now someone asked if a thermacell works. I didn't want to sidetrack that thread but thought I would share our experience with one. Skeeters don't like me(maybe my bloods to sweet :poke: ) but drive my wife and kids crazy. A few years ago I bought her one so she could actually be outside at night. When I first got it i wanted to test it. I was working in the garage one night and left the doors open and all my overhead lights on till my garage filled with mosquitoes. I turned on the thermacell and in 5 mins the garage was bug free! It was amazing. She brings it everywhere now. Around the fire camping we have 2 of them we just lay them under the chairs on each side of the fire. Anyone within 10 feet is bug free. I am getting back into bow hunting this fall and will be buying my own. They work as advertised.

:yeah:

I bought mine for bow hunting. It made the sitting in the blind a lot more easier. Now since I work as a Range Officer and the range for ml'ers is in the woods, I bought another. No problems with skeeters if Im helping someone with a shooting problem or sitting at a shooting bench myself.
Great little investment.

Ray................... :applause: :applause: :applause:

I have a pretty good tolerance to mosquitoes, heard about the thermocell, but never used one. I may have to see what the fuss is about.

I'm a mosquito magnet. I mean, I get swarmed. Until everything freezes in late fall I won't set foot in the woods without a Thermocell or at least a 10 mph breeze.

Emrah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have used one for years here in Texas and Canada hunting - you can actually see mosquitos buzzing around you but staying 2-3 ft away - they really work well - when you turn it off don't forget to put chemical pad back in packaging it came in and put this in small zip lock bag - you can re-use until all chemical is gone - you will wonder how you ever hunted without one

Latest posts

Back