White Muzzleloader parts

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmr

Reaction score
Is there still a source for White muzzleloader parts? I tried the whiterifles@gmail address and it keeps bouncing back as undeliverable. Looking to get a couple extra breech plugs for my Super 91's and bullets if they have any left

Thanks. I will try him. Have some .503 no excuses bullets to try out. I saw Doc suggested them as well

edmehlig said:
You may find .504 size conicals may shoot more accurately.

Or .5045", I would almost guarantee it. My old G-Series Whitetail .504 cal with Wilson barrel likes bore+ sized bullets.

I use the. 503" lead conicals in my Knight and H&R/NEF .502" bores with outstanding accuracy.

Slip-fit bullets were designed for shooting dirty bores, all day long without having to swab. For hunting, l much prefer a bore+ sized bullet and clean bore accuracy. This also keeps your bullet on the charge, instead of worrying and checking with your ramrod all day while hunting. I also prefer using Sagebrush .518" x .060" Vegetable Fiber Gasket Wads. Just keeps moisture from migrating passed the slip fit bullets into the powder, provides a better seal, and protects the base of the bullet from the heat and pressure.

Not sure if Bullshop is doing any casting, or has bullets available right now? If he does, that would be my first stop. Then No Excuses. You can also bump up the. 503" bullets by lightly rolling them between a couple files.

I don't like hunting with a fouled/dirty bore, but some do.

Steve Brown did have some parts and bullets a while back, but that was also the last email contact I had with him as well. The site still defaults to that page, nut the email is no longer valid. Doc might be able to give you something more current for contacting Steve, if there is something?

I emailed I believe it was Steve last month or month before about parts I'll look up the email I used..... Shoot just looked it up and that is the same email address I used....

Fmfdred56 said:
I emailed I believe it was Steve last month or month before about parts I'll look up the email I used..... Shoot just looked it up and that is the same email address I used....

Did you get a reply?

Steve goes on excursions and sometimes it takes a week or more to hear from him.
I'm sure glad I stocked up on breech plugs and other items for my 91-11 and thunderbolt. I to found the .5045 bull shops to work the best but the no excuses are a very close second.
I may be the black sheep but if your white is like mine it will shoot sabots very very good also.
Steve

Ed it was like an experiment that went very well !
Steve

But it's big lead 99% of time, it just gets boring bull's-eye after bull's-eye

Busta said:
Fmfdred56 said:

Did you get a reply?
Curious as well. I tried to send him an email from a buddy's email and it came back undeliverable also.

I did get a reply but it was longer ago than I had thought it was early June I emailed him and he replied mid June.

Fmfdred56 said:
I did get a reply but it was longer ago than I had thought it was early June I emailed him and he replied mid June.
I had a lot of red flags for me with Steve Brown. I also emailed him back in the spring and actually got a reply an a list of what White parts he had available. I told him what I was interested in (a thumb screw for Super 91 action) and no reply for months...He finally did reply an blamed it on his kids??? I told him to forget it!!
Be careful is all I'm saying...

Sounds like Steve might be difficult to deal with. I will email Doc as well....anyone have a spare breech plug for a super 91 they can spare? :D

I ordered from Steve on 8/1 and received my parts around 8/15. Looks like he was up and running at that time, but if the e mail is coming back undeliverable there is not much you can do.

Back