Rubber O Ring

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twild

Reaction score
I know I've seen it on here but can't find it. Anyone have the link to where to but these for primer pocket? Thanks

great, need to grab a pack as well. dont want to trash the new gun like my optima :(

thanks

I use these in my Redemption and they have cured the problem of crud buildup on the breach face around the firing pin. They also improved accuracy. Anyone having problems with their Redemption or Strike might give these a try. It also fixed the sticking primers.

sawtoothscream said:
great, need to grab a pack as well. dont want to trash the new gun like my optima :(

thanks

If you stick to the same brand primers. I think shims work better and there's nothing you have to replace like the o-ring. The gun action closes easier too.

btw It wasn't the fouling that froze your FP bushing. It was not cleaning/lubing it.

Muley Hunter said:
sawtoothscream said:

thanks

If you stick to the same brand primers. I think shims work better and there's nothing you have to replace like the o-ring. The gun action closes easier too.

btw It wasn't the fouling that froze your FP bushing. It was not cleaning/lubing it.

yup, didnt think the blow back would have gotten into the threads of it. Lesson learned. Will look into shims since ill most likely only use blackhorn and cci primers

I believe that the O-Ring helps insure that most all of the hot gas that is expended when the primer is fired is forced through the fire channel and then through the fire hole to ignite the powder charge. If the primer cap is not sealed into the primer cavity then you get blowback where the hot gas escapes back around the primer cap and fouls the firing pin. This also results in less of the hot gas getting through the fire hole for ignition. You can see the effect of the blowback by examining the primer caps and if you have the fouling around the primer cap after firing. Hope this helps.

Travis299 said:
I believe that the O-Ring helps insure that most all of the hot gas that is expended when the primer is fired is forced through the fire channel and then through the fire hole to ignite the powder charge. If the primer cap is not sealed into the primer cavity then you get blowback where the hot gas escapes back around the primer cap and fouls the firing pin. This also results in less of the hot gas getting through the fire hole for ignition. You can see the effect of the blowback by examining the primer caps and if you have the fouling around the primer cap after firing. Hope this helps.
You can get different POI if you primer get blow back the powder will not burn the same every time.

Back