TC Renegade stock and GM barrel fit

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just picked up a GM LRH 1-28 barrel. I see that several members here are shooing this set up. My question is are all Renegade stocks the same as far as barrel fit goes? My barrel is a 15/16 50 cal so do I search for a 50 cal Renegade stock? I like the renegade stock over the Hawken. Any guidence will be great. I am in search of a stock for this barrel to marry up with.

All Renegade stocks are 1 inch on the flats. Whether 50 or 54 caliber or larger. Unlike the Hawken rifle in which the 50 is a 15/16th and the 54 is one inch on the flats. So the barrel might seem very loose.

You can bed the stock with Accu Glass, or I have one barrel I took long strips of duct tape and put it on the sides of the stock to make it a nice snug fit. Also you might have to chop off a small piece of the thimble rib to make it fit the stock. As the stock will hit the end of the thimble rib in some of the rifles. A Dremel tool works real well for that.

You have a great rifle and a great barrel.

Your 15/16" barrel will work just fine in the 1" Renegade stock. The 1/32" gap on each side of the barrel will be hardly noticeable and I suspect you will like the balance of the slightly lighter barrel. Mount it and shoot it. As Cayuga said, you can glass bed it, but it's really not necessary.

Harleysboss said:
Good info..Now I just have to find a Renegade stock to fit my barrel to. Its gonna be a winter project for my son and I to work on.

If you do not already have a stock for this barrel, get a 45 or 50 cal TC Hawken stock and your barrel will fit better.

Latest posts

Back