CAUTION!!! - This is an open forum. The views and/or practices expressed herein are NOT APPROVED by ModernMuzzleloader.com and may be inaccurate and/or unsafe. Therefore, all information and advice provided by the participants of this forum should be considered with extreme caution and verified prior to implementation. For correct muzzleloading procedures please refer to your Owner’s Manual or contact the respective manufacturer.

Thompson Pro Hunter Breech Plug Removal

This topic is for known issues with certain guns and remedies.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

zippercube

Thompson Pro Hunter Breech Plug Removal

Postby zippercube » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:06 pm

I thought I would post this in case anyone else had the same problem that I had. The breech plug removal was near impossible if the breech plug stuck because I could not get the wrench on the slots. The scope was in the way. I have seen some people recommending a detachable scope to solve he problem. So the short story is that the breech plug I have ( not the speed breech plug) has a triple lead thread, so there is 3 places the plug will start threading. One of those three starting points will align my plug slots horizontal so that I can us my wrench. It took a while to figure out where to start the plug but now I have it down. I wish TC would have just told me that when I called.

herschel conyers
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Thompson Pro Hunter Breech Plug Removal

Postby herschel conyers » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:21 pm

Great tip, thanks for sharing. Welcome to the group.

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk
HC

Return to “Troubleshooting”