New Breech Plug - need to resight?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohuett

Reaction score
I have a CVA Wolf that I’ve hunted the last few years with. The breech plug was getting to where it was harder and harder to clean…I soak it in CVA solvent and clean with brushes, etc. so I bought a shiny new breech plug from CVA.

Will this new breech plug affect the accuracy? Will I need to resight it in before deer season starts or should it be good to go? Thanks in advance for your help.

You should be shooting a few rounds even if you didn't put a new breech plug in it! I always have a few shooting sessions with my muzzleloader before every season starts just to make sure that everything is good! Especially my eyesight! 😁

Ok, that makes sense. I usually just shoot it once before the season starts to verify that I’m good but I’ll make sure I have more time this year to shoot 3-5 and make sure it’s as consistent as I’m used to. Thanks for your quick feedback.

The thing that may vary most between the old and the new plugs would be the flash hole. If its significantly eroded in the old plug, you may find that the new one will change your point of impact a little. As suggested, I’d go shoot it and see.

Well it probably will affect the point of aim versus impact. But not enough to really be a problem if even that much.

I’ve got to ask…why should I buy more breech plugs for my CVA Wolf?
I don't know why he said that but you might want to look into getting a SSK plug for it. They are cheaper than a cva plug and they have a vent liner already installed in them. If the flash hole erodes you just change the vent liner and then you're good to go!

I have a CVA Wolf that I’ve hunted the last few years with. The breech plug was getting to where it was harder and harder to clean…I soak it in CVA solvent and clean with brushes, etc. so I bought a shiny new breech plug from CVA.

Will this new breech plug affect the accuracy? Will I need to resight it in before deer season starts or should it be good to go? Thanks in advance for your help.
Shoot it then ask! Probably shoots like before with out the crud/Ed

Latest posts

Back