2012 sika

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bushfire

Reaction score
Finally got some pics of my 2012 sika off an SD card i thought was Long gone. Growing up as a boy I didn't dare dream the animals I considered "ultimate hunts" such as your whitetail, mule deer, antelope, elk and bear. My favourite deer from when I was knee high to a grasshopper was sika and I swore if die happy if I could take one someday. In 2012 I finally made that march to NZ and succeeded in taking my first sika. Unfortunately all it did was fire the hunter within and now I have to hunt all the animals I never thought I would.
Whitetail or mule deer are definitely in my sights for the next couple of years.
I find it funny sometimes when you meet someone and the trophy of their dreams is something you hunt all the time and at times can take that fact for granted. I find that with my red deer.

Anyways enjoy the couple of pics I found.

Jack

Caping out
e3epa5uq.jpg

After the long long slog back!
humevyta.jpg

The hut we called home
a6ety3ym.jpg

My dream come true, widest sika I've seen!
nyrugubu.jpg

Sika country
a3ery7at.jpg

I prefer meat in its original packaging

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: 2012 sika

That is a fine looking animal. But then not knowing anything about the species, I could not tell you if it was a trophy or not. But it looks good to eat.

:applause: :applause:
CONGRATS :!: :!: :!: Nice sika buck. You have some GOOOOOODDDDD EATEN' THERE Partner :!: :!: :!:

Ray........... :yeah:

Yeh thanks guys, he is a trophy animal but certainly no record breaker. One interesting thing about sika is that they only get 8pts much like a chital/axis will generally only get 6. They are great eating though, similar to a red deer.

I prefer meat in its original packaging

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back