2006 HOG Etc. Mount Survey????

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loggy

Reaction score
Curious who all are having their Loshbough HOG, RAM etc. mounted???

Had my piggie mounted last year at Lifelike Taxi & the Mrs. loved it soooooo much that I decided that one was enough!!! :lol:

Mine was a boar with nice teeth so I'm doing a European mount. Gonna look nice on the living room wall! I figure that if she can paint the living room pink I can put a pig on the wall! :lol:

My Ram is getting the European treatment and Dave's Texas Dall is getting a full shoulder mount.

Blue-Dot-37.5

Jim & Patrick, where u getin yours mounted? Lifelike?

Scott & Dave, how about you? Lifelike?

Wow, with approx 30 WILD BOAR KILLED....only these very few(TWO) worthy of taxidermy?? Certainly must be some others.

Saw Thread has over 90 reads...anyone missed???

Loggy said:

Nope. I've got a taxidermist in the family. I gets me a discount. :wink: :lol: It'll be a while though, he's still working on deer heads.

Patrick White said:
Loggy said:

Nope. I've got a taxidermist in the family. I gets me a discount. :wink: :lol: It'll be a while though, he's still working on deer heads.

:) Had the same benefit for many years with my Taxidermist Dad. Cant beat those family discounts for sure!

Loggy:

Yep, Lifelike. Dave and I spend about an hour+ there talking with him and looking at the differerent mounts. I have a couple of deer antlers that are bleached out (and deformed) and he could bring back the color so I'll be sending down a care package pretty soon. I think the weird antlers are something to look at (the HUGE ones too, but I don't see many of those in the wild). I have one that's been outside for going on 2 years now that looks like a cape buffalo horn on one side. I butchered the deer myself and couldn't see any broken bones anywhere, I thought it was hit by a car at one time.

Blue-Dot-37.5

Got three going to the taxidermist here. King bro's and myself.

Bat mounted several before he left the woods! I got pics to prove it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Super 91 said:
Got three going to the taxidermist here. King bro's and myself.

Bat mounted several before he left the woods! I got pics to prove it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yea I saw it too but I wish I didn't! :shock: :shock: :shock:

a friend is starting a taxi shop so my boar will be his first let you know howit goes clint

sorry for the late reply.

i am getting mine done. do they do a good job? i sure hope so.

my wife let me make our den into my killing room i hope it makes a nice addition.

i had a great time with you all. it was the best time that i think i have ever had hunting or fishing. i look forward to being there next year again.

hopefully i have a gun that will perform for me. what a disappointment.

take care,

bacher

Back