2007 Mouflan hunt.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grouse

LIFETIME SUPPORTER
Supporting member
Reaction score
I need to start off saying this was my favorite year in Crossville TN.

I got up around 4:45Am Saturday morning. I shaved and washed my face and got ready to go hunting. After getting dressed i went to wakeup Big6x6. Chuck, Jeremy and Harry were staying in the old garage now fixed up really nice as a sleeping area. For some darn reason they locked the door. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I really have no idea why. So i knocked on the door and Chuck answered it. He really looked awake and pretty much ready to go.

Now i needed to go find Doohan because the three of us were going Ram hunting. That ended up being very easy. I walked in the Lodge to listen for the loudest snoring. :lol: :lol: Of course it was up stairs where JJ was sleeping. I woke him up and everyone was ready to go pretty quickly.

We drove to our destination and it was still dark. By the time we got to to the back field where we were hunting, we could see three rams bedded down out in the field. We walked up thru the woods and sat down waiting for it to get light enough to shoot. I believe there were three out there about 170yds. While it was getting light i was asking Daniel the guide which one was the biggest? He said the one on the left. So i concentrated on the one on the left. They started moving towards the woods. The other two presented perfect shots, but i wanted the one Daniel chose on the left. Well i really got excited and ended up pretty much shooting it looking at me. :) Doohan was like a kid in a candy store looking at those Rams waiting for me to shoot. :lol:

So i pulled the trigger with my Savage and the 250grn Bonded ShockWave in front of 42grns of N110 at about 150yds. The Ram took about twenty steps and died. I was really happy with the gun and the bullet. What a great hunt this was. :D

BTW- Thanks to Big6x6 for all the hard work and planning to make this hunt possible. And also thanks to Super91 for bringing the T-Shirts.

JJ or Chuck should have a picture of my Mouflan. My camera was back at the lodge. :(

I know I enjoyed the crap out of our ram hunt! It was fun as HECK! Here is a pic of your ram courtesy of JJ Smithey Productions since I had left MY camera back at the lodge TOO!

tomsram.jpg

I was trying to remember how far we each shot our rams.. I'm thinking 150-160yds? I just exactly remember your 277yd turkey! I know next year I'm bringing a shotgun TOO!

Anyway..I'll put a picture of my ram here as well! The Savage 10ML II/Parker Ballistic Extreme all performed perfectly!

Chucksram.jpg

As for the loudest snoring..I can tell you for a fact that either there was some loud snoring going on where I slept or someone was torturing a bull moose during the night!

Nice looking Rams!

Sure looks alot warmer than it was on my hunt and alot less brush.

oneshot

nice shootin, fellas! do you ... EAT those things? :shock: :D

Damn, I was hoping one of you were going to eat them as I've heard mix stories. Some say they taste like lamb, others say it smells like your sneakers after a long workout and probably tastes the same.

What have you guys heard? I'd love to take a nice ram for a trophy, but I'd also would hope the meat would be fit for consumption.

Ed

i have eaten three now the best way is to make barbecue. the last one everyone said was the best venison they ever had!!!!. this was at a bowhunters show clint

Congrats. on the rams and a job well done. From the looks of the smiles it looks like a good time was had by all. :yeah:

:D Congrats on those beautiful rams tom & chuck!!!

Sounds like ya all had another great hunt!!!

excellent rams guys.. as for eating old sneakers, well I'd pass. Of course in my neck of the woods, if it don't taste good, they make it into sausage.

Latest posts

Back