22LR accuracy

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They worked wonderfully in both my Remington bolt gun with a 5 rd magazine and both of my Ruger Mark II pistols and all of my friends Browning Buckmark pistols. The brass is a bit longer, but that was not a problem. We preferred Stingers for snowshoe hares.

They worked wonderfully in both my Remington bolt gun with a 5 rd magazine and both of my Ruger Mark II pistols and all of my friends Browning Buckmark pistols. The brass is a bit longer, but that was not a problem. We preferred Stingers for snowshoe hares.
Cool, i may try them in my mkiii

I have 2 cz457 rifles, an American, and a regular varmint.
The American actually prefers high speed ammo.
The varmint prefers most anything subsonic.
Both rifles started to group better after 700 rounds.

One thing I didn't see in this thread is the potential differences in lot to lot ammo accuracy. Years ago when I shot in the occasional competition match, the guys I shot with were religious in their testing/using the same lot numbers once they found the one hole ammo. They actually proved to me that even the best available ammo at the time, (same brand, different lot#) would shoot differently. I was never that good, and would just readjust prior to the match.

The .22LR is an enigma much like a muzzleloader. There are some that can shoot anything well and others that are fussy about ammo. I have a 10-22 that will shoot anything with pretty good accuracy and a S&W 15-22 that is a fun gun and just shoot whatever I grab. I gave my grandson a Winchester 250 .22 my dad bought for me when I was 15 that shoots the cheap Win Wildcats the best. My Savage 93 shoots Federals and my new Bergara just loves CCI MiniMags (Varmint) and SK Std Plus.
I'm sure with that array of ammo you'll find a couple that shoot really well from you CZ.
Note: the only bullets that don't shoot well for me are Remington Golden. IMO they are trash. I have a couple boxes I shoot out of my revolvers until my supply is exhausted. I won't even waste time shooting them out of my rifles.

Batch to batch/lot to lot, ammo varies. Even the best stuff. Once you land on what you like, buy a whole lot of it.

Last edited:
while the rest may help, once you have good ammo the main culprit of .22 inaccuracy is wind. 3 wind flags will shrink your groups the most, if you watch them.

Latest posts

Back