40 cal. shooters.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love 3031 and use it in several rifles from .250/3000 to 45/70. It's a very versatile powder that gives great accuracy. Yes, I'm talking about cartridge rifles as I do not use it in front stuffers. But it is temperature sensitive. In my .350 Rem mag velocities ran about 60 fps to 70 fps at around 40 degrees. Accuracy seems pretty much unaffected and a little bit of velocity loss hurts nothing.

I'm guessing no one has used it.
I’ve not used it, and I don’t know of anyone else using it in a .40.
Before I got my .40 build back I bought 4lbs of ACC 2495.
I did not like it at all. It was almost as bad as shooting T7 with the crud build up & quick too. After only a handful of shots I HAD TO clean my bore to be able to load it again.
Has anyone else used that powder, with what bullet weights & what were the results?

I love 3031 and use it in several rifles from .250/3000 to 45/70. It's a very versatile powder that gives great accuracy. Yes, I'm talking about cartridge rifles as I do not use it in front stuffers. But it is temperature sensitive. In my .350 Rem mag velocities ran about 60 fps to 70 fps at around 40 degrees. Accuracy seems pretty much unaffected and a little bit of velocity loss hurts nothing.
If there is a chance/choice, I prefer the VV line of powders. N130 and N133 is very close/similar to 3031.

I’ve not used it, and I don’t know of anyone else using it in a .40.
Before I got my .40 build back I bought 4lbs of ACC 2495.
I did not like it at all. It was almost as bad as shooting T7 with the crud build up & quick too. After only a handful of shots I HAD TO clean my bore to be able to load it again.
Has anyone else used that powder, with what bullet weights & what were the results?
What bullet weights? I guessing with that powder, you gotta run the heavyweights for a clean burn?

What bullet weights? I guessing with that powder, you gotta run the heavyweights for a clean burn?
Perhaps my bullet weight was the contributing factor. I was testing with 200g SST/SW’s & 225g Fury’s.
I do not want to shoot heavyweight bullets in this gun at all. The absolute heaviest bullet that I’ll ever run thru it is 240g.

Perhaps my bullet weight was the contributing factor. I was testing with 200g SST/SW’s & 225g Fury’s.
I do not want to shoot heavyweight bullets in this gun at all. The absolute heaviest bullet that I’ll ever run thru it is 240g.
👍

Latest posts

Back